Chapter 14

A musky smell attack's my nostrils as I gradually regain consciousness, my eyes flutter open to a dimly lit room, confusion sweeps me away as I absorb my blurred surroundings. Though the little light and the fuzziness make it rather difficult.

A slight twitch from the corner of the room captures my attention, drawing it away from analysing the intricate mould designs upon the crooked and deformed walls.

Despite my slightly impaired vision can recognise the bulky body crouched in the furthest corner of the undersized room. A sinking feeling settles in the deepest depths of my stomach for some unknown reason; my instincts scream for me to flee with no valid reason, causing an endless circle of puzzlement.

The squirming and shifting from my observing caused several springs sharper than daggers to dig into my spine. I cry out in shock from the unexpected jab, in result the male figure stands, cautiously taking a steady step in my direction. Now my ridged body is plastered to the filth-ridden wall, I come to the realisation that I am not alone on the sofa I seem to have arisen from.

Seated on the arm of the couch is a young child, surely no older than four, his welcoming grin stretches from ear to ear as the boy casually swings his legs back and forth. His presence settles the swirl of cautiousness which was once prominent beforehand, his cheesy smile is contagious, and I can't help the lift of my lips.

"Hello," the child squeaks "my names Andres, just Andres, not 'Andy' or 'Dres' I like my name as it is, so you can only call me Andres, got it"

I can't help but chuckle at the adorable frown which finds its way into his chubby face and the scolding tone he uses.

Forcing myself to focus solely on the young boy, ignoring the lingering dark figure in my peripheral vision, I take it his shoulder length - slightly distorted – ginger brown curls perfectly adorning his angelic face. Flashing his cheeky grin and chubby cheeks complimented by tiny deep dimples, destroying my heart with his overwhelming adorableness. I am slightly able to make out the colour of his almond eyes; grey eyes intertwined with beautiful blue flecks. Falling out my trance I recall the path our conversation was on.

"Of course, Andres, it's lovely to meet you, my name is Isabel" I outstretch my hand to meet his tiny one.

"Oh, don't worry I know who you are" he casually comments before his attention is diverted, preventing me to question what he means. "And this is my big brother, Jett"

I cast my eyes upon the male from the corner, he seems to have eased his way closer to our side of the room yet keeping a fair distance from me. Glancing at his eyes I am immediately taken aback by the familiarity of the molten golden pools staring back at me, although I am not able to grasp how I recognise such unique eyes.