Chapter 15

'Eh... hey' the boy who Andres was referring to awkwardly greets, his appearance I cannot describe with my blurred vision, though the deep husky voice sends my memory cells into a frenzy, the chaotic state of my mind pushes me to a rare case of impulsiveness.

'I know you. I don't know how but I do' Someone blurted out, the voice oddly sounding like mine, but how?

In my haste to question this boy I hadn't noticed Andres stealing the thin blanket gathered in my lap and wrapping it around himself, looking like a little burrito whilst snuggling into the crook of my arm. Droplets of water fall rhythmically onto his head causing me to search for the devilish leak determined of awakening the little angel besides me, except somehow there was not a drop falling from the unstable roof – at least I think there wasn't.

"It's your hair" The wolf-like eyed boy whispers, Jett, I make eye contact with him before cautiously running my fingers through my wringing wet waves; it was a fair attempt, but it didn't take long until I lost them in the endlessly tangled black webs.

"Why is my hair wet? I questioned whilst removing my fingers delicately to prevent further hair loss and moving it away from the tiny figure by my side.

"Don't you remember?" The alarm in his voice catches me of guard, once again my eyes meet his, this time their depths are filled with confusion instead of weariness and protectiveness.

"Remember what?"

"You... He... Um, you almost drowned" he clarified, though his explanation made no sense to me.

"But I can swim."

"Oh well, um... Your leg got caught I think."

"Oh," despite my racing mind and blooming curiosity I can't help but allow the yawn to tumble from my lips, and for my eye to flutter close a few seconds loner than necessary "I'm sorry, but I don't think I can keep my eyes open much longer... You don't mind, do you?"

"No, no of course not, but Andres seems to have taken the only blanket, sorry." He places his hand at the nape of his neck, looking at me with an apologetic look.

I shake my head to tired to even speak a sentence, with my remaining energy I alter Andres, so he is comfortable as I lay back myself, slipping into the darkness without a second thought.

***

Something squirming besides me pulls me from the darkness I lost myself in, my semi-conscious state reminds me that the 'thing' which jostled me awake was a dimple faced boy who I couldn't unlay my wrath upon. Gradually my eyes slid open to see the bright blue sky through a hole in the roof, elegant clouds tiptoe across the open air as birds fly freely past, grazing the soft candylike balls. Everything is so clear. Unlike before.

I force myself to sit up when I realise the young boy has safely moved away, I scan the room in search of where he slipped of too, spotting him crouched over a hunched over form. Jett. Now I see him more clearly, even asleep he was breath taking, ginger brown hair matching Andres falls freely over his lightly tanned skin, his eyes are closed despite the quivering of his large form. He seems to be sculptured to perfection but it's difficult to tell whilst he is curled up onto the floor, I now notice Andres placing the blanket he had previously been cocooned in over the trembling boy. My heart swells at the action made by the 4-year-old child, oblivious of how he has captured my being he slides under the arms of Jett, snuggling himself further into his big brother's chest.

During this motion he doesn't notice the blanket slipping from Jett's form, impulsively I rise to me feet with my goal set, except I don't reach it.

Before I even make my first step I collapse to the ground.

I can't move my legs.