Chapter 17

Earlier that morning

      Two other new students walked into the entrance of Seneca High School.  Both freshman class fishies.

      "Today is the day Dreena, remember not to try and get too close to her too quickly.  We can't risk this going wrong." A broody looking Enok Du Boux muttered to his sister Dreena Emerson.  They were new to Seneca as well.  They have orders to keep tabs on a potential power house that has recently began budding into some new abilities.  At the time Enok and Dreena are the only ones with the similar age to the target, that and they were on their first mission without back up in place.

      Dreena simply nods her mousy looking beenied head with a level of energy that only a true morning person could have.  Her over sized red and white stripped top and black leggings were much more bright spirited than her brothers outfit which was a dark washed denim vest with cotton sleeved hoodie that's paired with moto slim jeans which really ties him into his whole "I hate everyone, don't talk to me" aesthetic.   They didn't look like each other which makes sense because they weren't blood related.  No one in the organization is.  It was created by orphans who adopt from all over the world.  They raise these children to serve a higher purpose.

      This can be done in may ways which is why the mission statement is so vague.  For these two, they will serve as guides, friends, and a light.

      They hope.

      There really is no telling how this operation will go because they didn't really know much about the subject.  Sure they were able to have moments of observation during the brief winter break, but the girl really didn't go out much.  There wasn't a lot of opportunity to get a good feel of her energy.

       The Haus of SangFroid was an organization created by orphans that took in other orphans. They trained them all in various arts ranging from language, fighting, fine arts, and sports. Really whatever they would need to survive and succeed against the children/spawn of supernatural beings. To the outside world, Haus of SangFroid was an entertainment company that specialized in modeling and acting. This worked because all of their empolyees and talent were all involved with the cause; which was to make sure that normal people didn't know that the monsters and supernatural beings they knee stories aboit where real. Granted not all of the details were there or accurate but thry liked it that way. That information was too much for the mass population as they already go into a frenzy at the idea of a zombie apocalypse, good thing the Haus took care of that before it came to pass. The untrained humans would have never stood a chance.

        They knew almost immediately that subject E was alive when she left Havoc's town line. They never understood why no one could ever get a good read on anything mystical in that area. All they knew was that they had been watching her mom and coincidentally her father as well. They weren't a couple which is why it was a bit of a shock to learn that they conceived a child together. Given the woman's family has a long line of precognition and other magic capabilities; while they male is a voodoo priest that had given his soul to the Greek god Hades.

      Long story.

      But a short version is that times are hard for the various gods across the world.  People just don't believe like they used to.  This is causing them to have to get creative with how they get their needed doses of prayer and sacrifices.  The easiest way; that's also the most common method, is to create another godly alias that is more modern to the generational timing of the future.  Not everyone can pull this of considering they can't all predict the outcome of what has yet to happen.  THAT is why the female side of the targets family has been on the radar since forever.