Chapter 4

So long Havoc, New Mexico, the land of Entrapment.

      And with that she passed out for what seemed like forever but was really only three short hours.  There was about three to four more hours of road ahead, so the duo decided to go to a rest stop on the next town to get some more food.   During that time Eryne noticed her phone was loaded with messages.  It was a group chat that had all of the snakes she used to call friends.

      Well shit... great this should be pleasant.  Eryne thought with her ever charming sarcasm.

      Lindsey is a little shorter than Jade but she was just as much up her ass as Kristin.  Lindsey's mom let her start wearing make up early and even let her start dying her hair.   She platinum blonde now and has overdrawn drawn red lipstick on every day.   Kristin tried bleaching her hair at home and it ended up being this awkward brassy yellow color.  Blonde wasn't her color anyways but of course is Lindsey was doing it so would Kristin.  Bedra was more like a frenemy because she always had to have an attitude for no reason but ended up being at all of the get together so Eryne just shrugged most of it off.  She was darker than Eryne and always brought up how Eryne wasn't black enough to know anything even when there was nothing "black" to be understood.  Literally no one would be talking about race or even to her and she would somehow make it about race.  Bedra and Courtney were the only ones that weren't cheerleaders besides Eryne.  Courtney is Mexican but is obsessed with being a cow girl and insists that she doesn't know any Spanish even though her mom always talks to her in Spanish.  To Eryne, she was the most pathetic of the bunch because she knew that her boyfriend was actually cheating on her (not with Eryne) and yet she still chose to stay with him because "He loved her"

 rriigghhhhttt.  That makes soo much sense.

Eryne opened the chat with a deep breath and read the bullshit.

Jade: The hoe is finally out of the way! Why were we friends with her again?

Lindsey: omg finally I thought we would get stuck with her forever.

Courtney: I still can't believe she hooked up with our bfs Jade! I had to break up with Adrian for three whole days because of that bitch!

Bedra: TBH I was only friends with her to cuz she had sleepovers.

Kristin: I stayed because of you guys, I always thought she was a wannabe.

Messages like this kept going as the drive went on. Eryne was a bit confused. Actually, she was more than a bit confused. The main issue that confused her was why she didn't just leave the group chat. She knew that the crew was doing this on purpose, but she also knew that she never had to deal with them again so why was she being this way? Why did she feel her chest squeeze? What was this feeling that was taking over her body?

Oh. Crap. Panic Attack.

She turned her phone off with shaky hands and put it in her backpack that sat at her feet. Perhaps that was not the best move for the time being because as soon as she bent down she felt the wave of dizziness that she was all too familiar with. It was finally happening. She knew that it would eventually but she had hoped that it would have waited until they got to the new house so she could at least have a breakdown in solitude. To Eryne, there was nothing worse than having an attack and being pestered with questions like "what's wrong?" or "What are you doing?" Over the years she had learned to silence her voice when she went into her panic attack mode for that specific reason. How could she answer trivial questions when she felt like she was barely holding on to her life? Every time she had an episode she wondered if it would be the thing that killed her. Fear. That was not even a good enough word to describe what possesses her body; what makes her lose control of herself. Even though it may not be for a long period of time it feels like days.