Chapter 16

"YOU GUY HAVE FAST FOOD STANDS HERE FOR LUNCH?!" Eryne didn't mean to yell, but she didn't really care that she did either. Everyone in hearing range stared at her.

      -rewind-

      When is came time for lunch, Eryne had followed the crowd and assumed that she would eventually (hopefully) get to the cafeteria where (hopefully) her cousin Geni would be so she could get back into her newly developed comfort zone.  She had to admit to herself that Geni had became a major source of comfort to her; which was probably because she knew that she was safe with her.  Luckily she did actually manage to follow the right people, mostly because she heard them say that they were hungry and that they were going to go snatch all the pizza and hot Cheetos.

       After some scanning of the area, she spotted Geni in front of a set up that looked like it was selling some yummy looking tacos.  Like actual tacos not taco bell style, it was the real deal.  It was a total drool moment.  Eryne took the opportunity to scurry along as calmly as she could to her cousin while observing that there were a few stands besides the taco set up that served different types of food.  Hopefully she would be able to eat because all of the noms looked bomb.  Eryne had been doing decently well for a recovering anorexic but there were times that proved especially challenging.  High stress situations like this would be one of those times but she would try to push through it. 

       "Eryne!  How's your first day going?"  Geni saw her cousin after a she got towards the middle of the cafeteria.  "You hungry?  See anything you like?"  It was all a bit much to take in for Eryne and she realized that these food stands had logos she recognized on them.  "YOU GUY HAVE FAST FOOD STANDS HERE FOR LUNCH?!"  Eryne didn't mean to yell but she didn't really care that she did either.  Everyone in hearing range stared at her.

      She waved with slight sarcasm as to say that they could carry on with their lives now, while Geni giggles at the sheltered appearance of her simpleton cousin.  "Ya I guess, I mean there's healthy stuff too and there's also standard cafeteria food further back that way.  Other than that we have these because we can't go off campus and there isn't room for food trucks."   That explanation made sense but it was still pretty wild to see.

      They walked around to see what other foods there was because most of the stands were from places her old town didn't have.  Geni decides to ask Eryne what kind of food she likes so that they could get on over to the spot.  Trying to be smart about things Eryne decided that it was in her best interest to get something that makes as little mess as possible, so she got a chicken sandwich and some waffle fries.  The line to that one was short to so it didn't take long to get what she wanted.

      When the reached the location that Geni and her friends always eat at, Eryne saw a new face that she didn't see in the morning.  This one didn't really look as nice so she didn't bother giving her all that much attention.  Apparently she didn't like that all that much because decided to get petty and talk loud to Armondo and Bea that were sitting next to her.  "Oh I know this nobody isn't just gonna eye me and think she can sit with us does she?"  Eryne looked at her with her eyebrow up before sitting down by Geni who didn't sit down.  Instead she looked irritated and done with life.  "Kill it Indie she with me you don't run shit and you know it so whats the show for?" This "Indie" rolled her eyes and acted like Geni didn't speak."  So new girl what gives?  Do you not know who I am yet or are you just stupid?"  Armondo stepped in on that note and told her that she needed to step down and she looked hurt.

      Ah so this is the girl he was  complicated with huh?  Yes, this is for sure a shituationship.  I can see why... she pretty but she's most def a bitch.

      "Look Indie is it?  I don't know or care who you are.  It's clear that you have something shoved way up your bum crack which's more of a you problem than a me problem.  Having an attitude with someone you don't even know isn't the greatest first impression is it?"  Eryne stayed calm and bit into her sandwich with a sigh.  Faylen chuckled and and pointed to nowhere in particular before playfully bumped Erynes shoulder.  " Atta girl!"