chapter 3:

I finally arrive at the woods. I look out the car window before getting out. I open the car door and step out, carefully. I look around before closing the door and locking my car. I walk closer to the edge of the woods, it has a erie feeling to it along with the fog.
I don't know if I had thought this through but I needed help and I was going to get it. I slowly take a few steps into the fog. I begin a slow and careful walk through these foggy and Erie woods. I make it to a clearing inbetween some branches and see that there is a wide open space. I stand in the center of it, I can't see through the fog.

"Hello?! Is anyone there? I need your help!"

I wait and listen to the silence. There was nothing for a short while. Something was starting to tell me there was no hope to help me. Then thats when I heard a branch snap and a bird flew through the air, cawing. I gasp in fear and realize soon after it was just a bird.
I look around me one last time. I bow my head looking at the ground, I start walking back towards my car but not even a few steps later I felt someone watching me. I turn around but no one was there. I hear a branch snap as I turn back around to walk back to my car but I start running. I use my arms and push the branches away to clear a path for me.
I eventually stop running because I get to tired. I turn around and look around. I thought I was safe but I could've never been more wrong. I turn back around and someone grabs me on both sides of my shoulders. I scream and see a dark hooded man with sharp teeth.
He covers my mouth and turns me around so I can't see him. I feel his breath on my neck. It sends tingles down my spine. I struggle in his grip. Eventually I stop fighting and give up.
I feel his grip loosen. I chose to be smart and not make a move or sound when he released me.

"Turn around"

He commands. I turn around and look at him. His face covered by shadows from his black hoodie. I wait for him to speak. I admit I'm scared but I need answeres.

"Who are you"

I stay in silence with my fear. I force myself to answer.

"My name is lyla"

He just stands there. I can't tell what he's doing or thinking. I finally feel brave enough to ask a question of my own. I try to sound confident. Obviously failing because of the nervousness in my voice.

"Who are you?"
"Me?

As he is about to tell me who he is he pulls his hood down at the same time.

"I'm evan"

My jaw almost dropped he was handsome

My jaw almost dropped he was handsome. I stand there stunned. He looks at me with a straight face then grows mean. I look down quickly. To afraid.

"What do you want"

He says meanly. Then out of no where it hits me even harder, I fall to my knees. My throat burning like it's on fire but even hotter then before. I grab my throat trying to breath. I feel my eyes burn but it's not as bad this time, I look up at him.