Chapter 9

Annie

"Annie!" Hayley yelled.

"What?" I yelled back.

"Can you come in here for a sec?"

I sighed and got up from bed. I walked into Hayley's room and closed the door.

"Hayley what do you need?" I asked.

"Come sit down." She said.

"Hayley I have to go rehearsals soon ple-"

"Why did Rush chase you into the house?" She asked.

"I d-don't know what y-you're talking about." I stuttered.

"Annie, I saw you sneak out, then a few minutes later, you came running in the house with Rush after you. He was telling you to open the door and I assumed you didn't since he walked back downstairs and out the house."

"Let's just say, I heard something I shouldn't have heard." I sighed.

"What did you hear?" She asked. I turned around and walked away.

"Julianna!" She yelled.

"Fine I'll tell you. Brennan and Rush were hanging out and I wanted to crash they're little hangout, so I went to Rush's house and I overheard them talking about me." I took a deep breath. "Rush has liked me for 3 years."

Hayley's eyes got wide. "Rush likes you?"

I nodded.

"Wow he did a really good job hiding it. I never thought in a million years that he would like you. Sometimes he would flirt, but you being you're clueless self probably thought he was just being nice."

"Well, he did also say he's been trying to tell me." I said.

"So, what're you going to do?" She asked.

"I'm gonna talk to him after rehearsals."

"Well you better hurry. You have to be there in 15 minutes." She said.

I checked my phone. It was 11:45. "How am I supposed to get ready in 15 minutes!" I got up and ran to my room.

I managed to get changed and do my makeup in 10 minutes. Which for me, isn't bad at all. The problem is, i only have 5 more minutes. I grabbed my keys and went downstairs to say goodbye to everyone.

"Bye guys! Love you!" I yelled. They responded with byes and love you toos.

I jumped in my car and drove to the venue. We are doing a show here before we officially start going to the other states.

I was too busy thinking about the tour, to notice that I was speeding. I tried to slow down, but a police car came behind me. Oh no.

I pulled my car over and put it in park. A man with black hair and sunglasses cane to the window.

"Excuse me, miss, you are speeding." He said.

"I'm sorry, I was about to slo-"

"Wait. You're Annie LeBlanc right?" He asked.

"Yes.." how does he know me?

"My daughter loves you! She talks about you all the time. She actually is going to the show here." He explained.

I smiled. "Can I send her a video of me saying hi?" I asked.

"She will die! Omg even I'm fangirling!" He said jumping up and down.

I laughed and he got out his phone. "Her name is Emily by the way." He said.

He started the video. "Okay go."

"Hey Emily! I love you so much and I hope I get to meet you on tour. Bye!" I smiled.

"Oh shoot! I'm gonna be so late for rehearsals." I said remembering the time.

"I'm going to let you off with a warning. Please don't speed." He said.

"Yes officer. Thank you!" I said starting the car.

at rehearsals

I finally made it and it is 12:45. Great.

I ran into the building and went to the stage area.

Everyone looked at me while I collapsed onto the ground.

"Annie? Are you okay?" Michael said running over to me.

"Speeding...Police...Running." I said out of breath.

"Police?" He asked confused.

I finally caught my breath and stood up. "Well on the way here I was speeding by accident. I got stopped by the police, but the officer was really nice and actually knew who I was so he just let me go with a warning."

"Why were you speeding?" He asked with one eyebrow raised.

"Because I was talking to Hayley about- nevermind. I'm here now." I said.

"Okay let's start rehearsals then."

after rehearsals

We finally finished practicing and I met some cool people. There's Christian Lalama, Elliana Walsmley, Baby Ariel, and twins named Max and Harvey. They'll also be performing tomorrow.

"How about we go for dinner? It's on me!" Christian yelled.

Of course we agreed, and everyone ran out the door.

"Rush!" I shouted.

He turned around slowly.

"We can talk now." I said.

He walked towards me. "Okay."

"Why didn't you just tell me 3 years ago?" I asked.

"Because I was scared you'd think I was some creep. It's not that easy to tell someone you like them." He said shyly.

"I wouldn't think you were a creep. You were and still are my best friend." I said putting my hand on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry that I didn't tell you. I'm just a wimp."

"No you're not. You're one of the bravest people I've ever met. I get it, you were just scared."

"Look, I don't want it to be awkward between us." He said.

"I don't either. Can we just act the same? Like nothing happened?" I asked.

"Of course we can." And with that we gave each other a hug.
••
911 words

Ummm