Chapter 10

September 23rd, 2022

Hayden

Today is the day of tour. Yesterday the concert was a success and everyone did great. It's currently 5 in the morning and my dad and Dylan are driving me to the airport.

at the airport

I walked into airport with Dylan and my dad. They were helping me with my bags. I saw everyone and I walked over to them.

"Hey Hayden!" Michael said.

"Hi." I said with a yawn.

"Since you're here now, we should probably head to customs now."

a/n idk the order of things you do when going away

"Yeah." I said quietly. I turned around to Dylan and dad.

"I'll miss you guys." I said giving them hugs.

"Don't worry, Hayden, we'll be coming to a lot of the shows. We can text everyday and FaceTime." Dylan said.

I nodded. "I love y'all." I said tearing up. I'm gonna be away from them for 80 days. Then we'll come back here, and then go to Europe.

My dad was tearing up too. "Bye, son." He gave one last wave and walked out.

I sighed and turned around to everyone.

"We should go now." Nicole said.

on the plane

We finally got on the plane and of course I was sitting with Annie. I was on my phone playing a game. I was still a little sad because of my dad and Dylan though.

"Hayden are you okay?" She asked.

"Why would it matter to you?"

"Hayden, I do care about you. And you were crying earlier." She said.

"I wasn't crying."

"Yes you were." She said crossing her arms.

"I was just...upset that I'm leaving my dad and Dylan. Happy now?"

"No, I'm not actually happy. I need to apologize to you. I'm really sorry about that video and those hair ties. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings." She said. I could tell she really meant it. "Hayden, how come those hair ties mean so much to you."

flashback
December 1st 2018

The hospital. One of my least favorite places. My grandmother is on life support. I never used to hang out with her that much, but I loved her. A lot. And now she's in a bed. Almost dead.

The doctor came up to us. "She woke up." He said with a smile.

I sighed in relief and ran to her room. I gave her a hug.

"Hayden!" She said giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Hi nana." I said tearing up.

"I-I'm so glad y-you're here because I wanted to give you s-something." She said a little shaky. She took two hair ties off of her wrist.

"When I was younger, you're grandpa and I used to like each other. S-so when he asked me out, I g-gave him a purple hair tie s-since it was his favorite color. I had a b-blue one because it was mine. I want you to take these and g-give it to someone you love. Don't ever take it off. Can y-you do that for m-me?"

"Of course. I would do anything for you." I said with a smile.

end of flashback

"She died 6 minutes after that. That's why they're so important to me. Even though we're no longer dating, just know that I do love you."
••
561 words!