chapter 9

My first day went so great. I should have switched schools a long time ago. I swear that this school was like whole other world.

"See you tomorrow Serenity." Phylisha called out to me as her and Jayden made their way to where the buses were.

"Who was that?" I heard some boy ask Jayden. I had seen him around today but I didn't catch his name.

"So how was it? Did you make any friends today." Angelo asked coming to stand beside me.

"Did I make any friends? This not elementary Angelo but yeah I did meet a couple of people today." I told him laughing.

"Well are you ready to go? Or are you going to stand there and stare at people all day?"

"Whatever Angelo, yeah I'm ready. Hey do you think that you can swing me by the mall on the way home?"

"Yeah I can do that." He said as we got in his car and pulled away from my school.

"So what do you need to get out of here?" He asked when we arrived at the mall.

"Some tennis shoes and a couple of sports bras for gym."

"Oh ok. Well lets go then."

We got out and walked into the mall. We walked into the first Lady's Footlocker that we saw. Angelo started talking to some boy that he knew. I headed to the female shoe section of the store. I picked up a pair of pink and black pair of Nike's that caught my eye.

"I was thinking about getting that same pair. Girl if I knew that you was coming here I would have caught a ride with you." I turned around at the sound of Phylisha laughing.

"What's up girl? What you need clothes for gym too?"

"You ready Renity? You got what we came here for?"

"Well hello handsome. How are you? I'm Phylisha. Serenity aren't you going to introduce me to your boyfriend?" Phylisha asked smiling at Angelo.

"Hey Phylisha you said?"

"Yep. And your name is?"

"Angelo."

"And he's my brother not my boyfriend."

"Your brother?" Phylisha said with a puzzled look on her face "I never would have guessed that. You two do not resemble each other. I mean he's melt in your mouth dark chocolate and you're caramel."

"So are those the shoes that you're going to get?" Angelo interrupted her.

"Yeah I think that I like these." I said showing him the shoes in my hand.

"Oh yeah Serenity I almost forgot. My boyfriend Jayden is having a party next Saturday. It's his birthday. Do you want to come? It's a pool party?"

"Next Saturday? Well I have to see if my family have anything planned that's my birthday too."

"Really what a conicendence."

"Come on Renity you know that mama going to be tripping if I bring you home late." Angelo said turning to walk away.

"I'm coming dang."

"Well think about it and let me know. I will see you tomorrow at school."

"Okay see you." I walked and caught up with Angelo.

"I guess that she's one of the people that you met today? She seems nice. Talks to much but nice."

"Yeah she seem alright."

"But you know what dad always say."

"I know, I know, I know. Not to let anyone get too close. I mean how do expect me to make friends that way?"

"WE are your friends. Family is all the friends that you need."

"You cant really mean that. I mean I need to socialize with people other than yall."

"And you can socialize all you want at school." I grabbed my things and headed to the register to pay for them. My whole family was really starting to get on my nerves.