Epilogue

Epilogue

2 years later

"I never thought that this day would come.. na.. isa sa mga babies ko lilisanin na tayo, honey."

"Honey, don't worry, as soon as matapos yung business meetings dito, susunod tayo kaagad sa kanila, okay?"

"Dad's right, so mom, could you please stop being so dramatic? Arghh."

"Hindi naman iyon, honey eh, ang sa akin lang.. *naiiyak*"

"Oh God. Stop it, mom."

"No! I can't.*crying*"

I looked at the time of our flight. We're at the airport right now. Mom's been crying the whole time, while dad's been telling us to take care and kiss Drew for him...

If only I could.

I smiled when mom blew her nose. Is it really normal for every mom to be emotional when a son's gonna propose to someone?

I just really don't get why mom is acting like that...

When in fact, the girl that's being proposed to.. is someone really close to her.

"Nervous?" I asked.

"Sinong 'di nenerbyusin. Eh pagdating pa lang natin dun, diretso na kaagad sa venue, wala manlang pahinga." He smirked.

I smiled.

Tomorrow's gonna be Yen and Jean's graduation, and right after that, they're gonna celebrate where Andrew planned everything. Well, everyone already knows about it, except for the both Yen and Jean.

We planned not to tell Jean 'cause she might not hide the excitement she'll feel after hearing it and might spill it to Yen.

How did we know she'll be the most excited? Because she's the one who gave the idea of marriage proposals right after graduation. She told us she got it from a story in an ebook, we just didn't bother to know what story it is.

As a matter of fact, she said that to Dom, because she wants him to propose to her right after graduation, but Dom didn't want it because if he's gonna do it, it won't be a surprise for Jean anymore.

They had a major fight one time that Dom even stayed in U.S. for one week. He's so tired and really want to get rid of the nonsense 'pambata' things by Jean. He wants her to mature. Jean said, if he really loves her, why tell her to avoid things which is already part of her? He loves her so much, that's what he told us when we drove him to the airport. So, I guess when Dom finally realized such things, he became more aware of taking care of her feelings.

"Si James at Steff na lang daw susundo sa atin bukas." Andrew told me while looking into his phone.

I nodded, "How 'bout Pao?"

He paused for a second, "Moral support?"

I laughed.

Ohh. Just so you know, Pao and Judayuki... yeah, they're together now. As far as I know, they always fight, but at the end of the day, it's like nothing happened.

And for James and Steff, although I'm not that close with them, I heard that their parents planned to arrange everything for them so that someday, they'll end up to be together. James has no objections, and there's this time that he actually admitted that he likes Steff. So I think, it says it all.

And for Andrew...

Proposal when we get there. And then, wedding, marriage life... nahhh.

"Stop daydreaming Ichi. Weird mo talaga."

I just smiled, again.

Philippines

"Welcome back! Omg, it's been a year! And even though I'm not one of your so called friends, I really missed you!" she said when we hopped in to James' car, she's seated in the front.

"Steff, let them rest. Stop bothering them and give them a minute okay?"

"Okay!" ^^

As soon as we arrived, all of them were already there.

The place looks perfect, good job to my twin brother. So yeah, Andrew started what was planned.

Everything seems so fast, people's acting to reminisce their unforgettable moments, the slide show with their theme song, balloons, and the fireworks up in the glass ceiling. Andrew went in, Yen was shocked and in the end, she said yes.

Things that they call 'cliché moments' but still every woman's dream.

Everyone applaused as they looked at Andrew and Yen. My eyes only fixed at the corner though, where there's this girl who looks so perfect with her blue dress, and looks so beautiful with her smile that I really missed. She looks so happy and I can tell how much that guy beside him made her so.

Sometimes I wonder, what if she chose me and not Jed? What if she didn't dump me on my own concert 2 years ago? What if I didn't file an early termination on my group? What if I am the one holding her hand right now? What if I chose to stay here in the Philippines and ignored everything mom said about letting her go? What if I... didn't mess up so she didn't have to worry for me and not waste her one semester just to take care of me? What if I ruined Jed's marriage proposal for her a year ago? What if I didn't get along well with their friends and just tried to get Drew away from them? What if we were meant to be together? What if I decided to bring her somewhere where Jed can't follow her? What if I---- okay stop.

She's happy now. They're happy now.

And I wouldn't dare to make a move for her to be hurt again.

Maybe I'll just wait... wait for the time when I would be able to forget her. Time that would heal the wound. I sighed, wishing the pain I feel would go...

"Hi. Uhm. Junichi? Right?"

I smiled at this girl who came up to me. She asked for a picture and a sign for my last solo album released.

"Uhh thanks. I'm one of Yuki's cousin and I heard that you'll be here, so I went---" I almost didn't listen to what she's talking about. Yes, this girl here is really pretty. But... I am not interested.

"Thank you. Excuse me." I smiled at her before turning my back.

I walked out of that spot and just when I'm gonna take my fifth step, the girl shouted...

"By the way, I'm Adrianna Rieu Alejandro! Call me Ara, nice meeting you!"

What the heck?

I stopped and smiled.

Is this girl playing with me?

I smirked.

No one will ever take the place of my girl in blue.

I looked back at her, "...especially you."

-FIN-

Thank you so much for reading My Girl in Blue! Please support my other stories as well :)