Dazed

Hay my baes !! Leave a comment, vote, or message me for any feedback ! I love to hear your thoughts :)

Yours truly,
Sarah
————————————————————————

The best part of my day was after school. To be more specific, shooting some hoops with the guys. Every year since we were 10 years old on Wednesday's and Saturday's. Our tradition in a way.

I stroll over to the school gym bleachers with my bag in tow. I wonder who's going to show today? I think to myself as I hover over my bag and shuffle through the contents.

Usually some of the guys skip. Occasionally some will have an actual reason, but most of the time it's for some bullshit "emergency."

I grab my ball and warm up with some drills as I mull over my own thoughts. I go in for a right hand lay up and am suddenly flying through the air as something that feels like a freight train slams into me.

"You getting too deep in your own head man, and what's with the scowl?"

I look up to see Jason, Markus, and Ty looking at me with odd faces. "What the hell Jay you could have broken my hip," I grumble as I stumble to my feet.

He snickers, "Yeah okay grandma settle down there. We've been calling your name for the past minute straight, and you didn't even hear us come in. What's going on with you?"  He picks up my ball and passes it to Ty as he gives me a confused look.

I sigh, how am I supposed to tell my best friends that my parents are getting a divorce and I'm reacting like a complete girl about it.

I run over and steal the ball from Ty and dribble like a madman up to the basket. I decide to go in for a dunk. After all I did grow 3 inches this summer, and my now 6'3 frame could handle almost any move on the court.

Act cool.

"I don't know what the hell you're talking about man. Let's play some ball though, first day back always gives me anxiety." I act nonchalant as I take a shot. It bounces off the rim of the basket and I frown.

Maybe I'm not as quite as good as Lebraun.... yet.

Jay scoops up the ball and shrugs. "Alright Gray, whatever you say." We decide that we'll play two on two.

Sam had a family thing today after school, and Luke's probably off fucking some poor girl.
Why am I friends with these guys again?

The game gets intense as we battle each other on the court. But with Ty's ability to rebound and my lay-ups, we eventually start to dominate Jay and Markus. With only a  30 seconds  left in our game Ty grabs the ball and I sprint down the court as he dribbles down the center. Jay is all over me like I'm his ball sack and he's his own fucking case of herpes. I turn and pivot trying to get away from Jay.

As I see Ty give me the signature look I know what I have to do. Ty dribbles the ball all the way to the left side of the court. Jay and Markus give him weird looks as he dribbles in circles to hold their attention. I sprint to the other side of the basket behind Jay, and right as he realizes his mistake Ty chucks me the ball. I take a few steps and go up. Scoring in a layup that wins us the game.

Jay looks pissed after I go over to give Ty a slap up.

"What's the matter Jay? Don't know how to take the L?"

Markus rolls his eyes as Ty and I continue to celebrate. At one point I'm laughing so hard I start  choking.

After settling down the guys and I walk over to grab our waters and bags. I spray water all over my face and down my back trying to cool the heat radiating off of me.

Ty points to me, "So we on for Saturday at 6?"

I nod as I wipe my face with a towel, "Like always." I slide on my adidas sandals and wave as Markus leaves after telling us he won't be able to make it Saturday, and that Sam will be taking his place.

Ty grabs his bag and slings it over his shoulder. "Well I'll see you dumbasses tomorrow. Try not to kill each other while I'm gone, okay."

Jay rolls his eyes as I nod my head. Ty laughs and walks off, probably meeting up with his girlfriend Amanda.

I walk with Jay out the door and he waves to me as we head to separate lots.

I take another swig of water and look up at the cloudy gray sky. What a shitty looking sight.

I continue to scan my surroundings as I head to my car. When my eyes catch something that makes me body freeze.

It's the girl from my art class.

________________________________
Hay thank you for reading !! I write for you guys ❤️

Do you guys like the new characters being introduced in this chapter?
What do you think of Jay ?
What do you think will happen in the next chapter, will Gray try to talk with Liz ?!?

Stay tuned to find out my lovelies ...

As always if you read something you liked leave a comment or a vote :)