Practice

1 month later...

"It's too heavy!" Peter exclaimed.
"Boy, its only 5 pounds." Yondu said.
"I can't hold it!" Peter said.
"Woah!" Yondu said grabbing Peter's hand. "Watch where you point that thing! Aim at the target."
Peter slowly lifted his blaster toward the target standing 10 yards from him. Yondu helped him lift the heavy blaster.
"Peter, you're gonna meed to learn how to hold one of these some day and if you can't, the other guy..."
"Will shoot me first, I know." Peter interrupted.
"Watch your mouth boy, remember I saved your ass from earth." Yondu said standing up.
Peter was quiet for a minute. Then he kept practicing and got a bullseye.

"Nice shot Peter." Yondu said. "Are you ready to go further out?"
Peter nodded and Yondu pushed a button sending the target back about 20 yards. Peter took two shots and missed, but shot a third one. Another bullseye. Peter smiled and looked up at Yondu. He was smiling back.
"Hey Yondu? When do I get a cool jacket, like yours?" Peter asked.
Yondu looked down and smiled again.
"When you're ready, Peter." Yondu said.
"I also want a ravager name." Peter said. "No more Peter Quill."
"Well, you can come up with that on your own." Yondu said.
"Hmmmm. How about...Star Lord!" Peter said.
Yondu looked at him funny.
"What did you say boy?" Yondu asked.
"I want my code name to be Star Lord!" Peter said excitedly.
"Ha ha that's..."
He looked down at Peter's face. Joy filled his cheeks.
"I think it's a great name." Yondu said.
"Alright!" Peter exclaimed. "I'm Star Lord! I'm going to be the greatest Ravager in the galaxy!"
He made a fist and shot it upward in excitment. Yondu chuckled at him and they headed back to the ship. Yondu got into the pilot's seat and turned on the ship. Peter hopped into the passenger's seat and looked out of the window, but then back at Yondu. He looked at his head and tilted to the side.
"Whatchu lookin at boy?" Yondu exclaimed.
Peter pointed at Yondu's head.
"Does that decice have a transmitter that connects to your brain?" Peter asked.
Yondu looked down at him curiously. Then he turned back and smiled
"Smart kid." Yondu said.
"Where is the reciever?" Peter asked.
Yondu faced him and gently licked his lips. He shaped them into an O and started whisling. A large brass arrow shot out of his jacket and danced around the room.
"Woah, cool arrow!" Peter said.
Yondu kept whisling.
"How is that harmful though?" Peter asked.
All of a sudden Yondu whistled harder and the arrow shot against Peters neck before he relized what even happened. The arrow floated there pointing at Peters throat. He put his hands up.
"Woah!" Peter said under his breath.
Yondu chuckeled and whistled slightly. The arrow flew back into his coat. Peter stared at him wide eyed and swallowed hard thanking for breath.
"Get in your chair boy. We are about to hook up." Yondu said.
"What?" Peter asked looking at him awkwardly.
"Nah sorry. Adult joke." Yondu said.
He pulled a lever slowly and docked the ship to the larger one.