Hand to Hand Combat

"Hey Peter, I was thinkin' about goin to get some burgers for the guys. Wanna come?" Kraglin asked.
     "Sure, but I'm not Peter anymore." Peter said proudly. "Call me Star Lord! Future Ravager of the galaxy!"
Kraglin looked up at Yondu.
     "It's his code name." Yondu said half jokingly.
     "Alright Star Lord." Kraglin said smiling. He crouched down. "Damn it, I'm never gonna get used to that. Y'know I'm still gonna call ya Peter right?"
Kraglin ruffled Peters hair.
     "Alright lets go!" Peter exclaimed excitingly. "Before can you show me some hand to hand combat? Pleeeeeeeeeease!!!!"
     "Well, since you asked so nicely." Kraglin said smiling. He took Peter's hand and they trotted to the ship. Kraglin pushed a lever into auto pilot mode and started teaching Peter to fight.
     "Ok Pete, watch closely." Kraglin said. "Most of the time you won't ever use hand to hand combat unless you're outta tools. Ravagers usually carry lots of tools on them for emergency use. Ya never know what can happen Pete, but combat is always useful."
Kraglin showed him some basic blocks and punches before arriving on Zandar. He learned well. Kraglin cloaked the ship and they walked across the plaza. Kraglin took out a small holophone with the list of food on it and started ordering. All of a sudden Peter heard a loud, booming voice and could feel large footsteps coming toward them. He turned around and looked up.
     "Hey Krag!" The voice said.
Kraglin turned around and looked up. It was a large alien-like-man, with a red face and two horns coming out of his forhead and another two from his chin. His teeth were yellowish brown and Peter could feel his gross breath on his face.
     "I believe you owe me some units Krag!!" The voice boomed.
     "Greal? Is that you?" Kraglin said stalling. "Have ya lost weight buddy? I hardly recognize you!"
     "Shut up Krag!" Greal said. "I want the units you owe me!"
4 other goons walked up next to Greal and assumed threatening positions. Kraglin turned back to the cashier.
     "We'll take our order to go." Kraglin  said. He turned back. "Time to use what you've learned Pete!"
Kraglin took out his blaster and shot one of the men in the shoulder. One growled and tried to attack, but Kraglin shot his face first. He kicked two other guys sending them to their knees and shot them. People around fled the cafe. All of a sudden Greal grabbed Kraglin by the neck and lifted him off the ground. Kraglin grabbed Greal's large hands attempting to kick out of them and gasped for breath.
     "Kak! Pete!" Kraglin tried to get out. "Pete...kak...ah...Pete, help me Peter!!!!"
Peter held out his blaster shaking his hand. He tried to steady it with his other hand.
     "Let him go!!" Peter cried out.
     "You don't have the balls you little twerp!!" Greal said.
Peter stood there shaking the blaster in his hands. Kraglin reached out to Peter. His face was bright red and he passed out. Peter gasped and grew angry. He pulled the trigger. Greal gasped and fell to the ground losing his grip on Kraglin. Peter dropped the blaster and ran over to Kraglin.
     "Krag? Krag, wake up!!!" Peter exclaimed. Tears trickled down his face. He shook Kraglin's body. "Kraglin! Get up!!! Please!!"
Peter put his face into Kraglin's chest. His holophone fell out of his pocket. Peter looked up and grabbed the phone. He saw Yondu's contact and pressed call.
     "Yondu? Yondu!" Peter said. "Star Lord to Yondu! We were jumped at the cafe and Kraglin was hurt! We need help! He's passed out!  What do I do?!"
     "Don't worry Pete! I'm on my way stay there." Yondu said over the phone. "Have the Nova corp come yet?"
Peter looked around.
     "No." Peter answered. "Please hurry Yondu!"
     "I'm on my way Pete! Stay calm! Kraglin will be fine! I promise!"

Yondu arrived and ran to the Cafe. He brought medical supplies and started compressing on Kraglin's chest.
     "Kid, go get some water!" Yondu said. Peter went and filled a cup up from the stand. Yondu kept compressing. Kraglin's chest curved in and he started coughing. He layed on the ground while Yondu supported his head. Peter ran over.
     "Kraglin!" He exlaimed.
     "Oh, what the hell happened?" Kraglin asked. "Who kissed me?!"
     "Chill Krag, just compressions." Yondu said.
Kraglin looked next to him at Yondu.
     "Capn'?" Kraglin asked. "What the hell you doin here?"
     "Well, I thought I was savin your ass again, but it seems like Pete did that part." Yondu said.
Kraglin looked at Peter. Peter handed him the cup of water.
     "Pete, what happened?" Kraglin said. He looked over and saw Greal's body on the ground.
     "I killed him Krag." Peter said half whimpering. "I-I can't believe I killed someone."
     "Get used to it kid." Yondu said. "That can happen in our line of work. We gotta get out of here before the Nova show up."
Peter grabbed the bag of food on the counter and Yondu helped Kraglin stand up. They pulled their hoods over and headed back to the ship.

Peter walked into the coach holding an ice pack. Kraglin looked at him smiling while Peter placed the ice on his head.
     "Hey Pete?" Kraglin said. "Thanks for savin me. I know how har-"
     "Shut up Krag." Peter said. "You need to rest."
     "Peter, it takes a lot of heart to do what you did. Especially since that was your first kill." Kraglin said.
     "You would have done it for me Krag." Peter said.
Kraglin smiled at him and nodded. He layed back in his chair and tried to rest. Peter walked up to Yondu's chair and sat in the one next to him.
     "Is he gonna be ok?" Peter asked.
     "Trust me Pete. Us ravagers, including Kraglin, have been through a worse hell than that." Yondu said. "He just needs to rest a few days. He'll be fine."
Peter looked back at Kraglin now asleep. Peter smiled in satisfaction then turned around and looked through the window.