.:9:.

Hope was a strange feeling to describe.

The tingling of pin pricks that rushed from the tips of your toes to the folicles of your hair, the feeling of your stomach dropping and your heart rising. Staring up at the Number 1 Hero on the platform by the entrance, guarding and blocking sight of the students that surrounded an injured Thirteen, All Might's smile was forever unwavering. His sudden entrance sent of rush of relief rocketing through my system, knowing that even for a moment, Aizawa could rest.

"All Might"

My voice sounded foreign in my ears, the breathy whisper of fear fueled hope, the crack in the syllables out of weakness. And despite the distance, despite the stooped volume of my call, his head turned towards us. Body tensing as his shadow cast eyes landed on the limp figure of a beaten Aizawa laying in a pile of his own blood and rubble. Amidst the chaos, the sight of the dried pale hand belonging to that of Shigaraki was outstretched towards Midoriya, fingertips mere inches away from his face.

Strong thighs flexed as All Might lowered himself into a squatting position, and with a quiet "hup!" he flung himself up and forward, time seemed to slow as he soared above us, arms outstretched at his sides before he began to descend. When he landed, I could feel the ground beneath my feet vibrate, small flecks and chunks of rubble and dust flying up when confident feet planted themselves in the ground.

"I hear you're after me, why don't you leave those students alone?"

All Might's voice resonated over my head, strong and determined, I felt my tense muscles deflate, pure relief washing over me when Shigaraki's hand dropped back to his side and away frm Midoriya's face. I subsequently reached for the sleeve of his P.E uniform, tugging him closer towards us and further away frm the villain. He sent me a tight lipped, but grateful smile, fear still evident in his eyes.

"Nomu"

It's equally difficult to discribe the fear induced by a single word uttered from the villain's mouth. The chilling shuddering coiling itself around your spine, and the unfathomable dread the builds itself up inside your head.

Adrenaline and fear spiked through my system at the slightest twitch of movement from the large humanoid creature, his wild eyes, bulging out of his head turned to gaze at the Number 1 hero. I wasn't sure whether to be more afraid of the insanity in it's eyes, or the blank expression featured on the rest of it's face. Waves of murderous intent poured from the chimera like creature, enough that had me wishing I could sprint in the other direction. Yet my feet stayed planted, glancing down at the limp body of Eraser Head and praying for the right moment to arrive for us to move him to a safer spot.

It happened in a flash, the rush of air after the movement delayed by the sheer speed. All Might had pounced at Nomu, and in the blink of an eye, the creature noticed and retaliated. Dust and rubble from the destruction the villains had caused lifted into the air, our arms lifting to shield our eyes from the small specs of dust and concrete. Only when the smoke cleared could we see what exactly caused such a violent reaction of the area around us.

All Might's fist pressed firm against Nomu, it seemed as though their punches had cancelled one another out. The surprise was evident on All Might's face, the shock of being so evenly matched for the first time. His eyes narrowed, muscles in his jaw flecing and he clenched his teeth.

All Might worked his best at drawing the beast as far away from us as possible and towards the furthest end of the dome. And yet our troubles weren't over, not given a spare moment to check on Aizawa, Shagaraki had turned to us. Narrowed eyes dark as he stared at us through the fingers of the glove covering his face. I could feel the muscles throughout my body tensing, fight or flight mode coming to the forefront of my mind.