.:10:.

Going home after the attack was dreaded more than the attack itself.

Quelling my mother's leaking eyes was a feat upon itself, calming my father's rage upon seeing the bandages and injuries lining my body was just as difficult. And yet the hardest part was convincing them not to pull me out of school, hours were spent reminding them of all the benefits of the school and to forget about the dangers it held. After a few hours of arguments and reasoning, my parents finally agreed to allow me to continue in U.A.

Laying in bed that night, I could feel the injuries covering my body itching and aching uncomfortably. Despite the comfort of being in my childhood bed, and despite the cool of my pillow and the warmth of my blankets, I found myself unable to reach the sleep I so desperately desired. I stared, restless, up at the ceiling above my head. Bandaged arm up and pressing against my forehead as I admired the multitude of glow in the dark stars my father had glued to my ceiling since birth.

With a groan of irritation, I rolled over onto my side, ignoring the twinge of pain that shot through my joints. Reaching over to my bedside table, I took my phone into my hands, narrowing my eyes as I switched it on to try and prevent some of the sudden shock the brightness would cause.

Surprisingly, I found a multitude of notifications piled up from the class group chat, switching off sleep mode, I enterred the chat, absent mindedly scrolling through the many messages.

Ignoring those questioning about homework, Mineta's usual crudeness, and the extensive use to caps and swear words from Bakugo, I found myself smiling as I went through the most recent of texts.

The small group of the class that had been protected by Thirteen congratulating and worrying over those of us who had to face the brunt of the villains. A flood of warmth spread to my chest at the many get well wishes over those who had been injured, specifically Aizawa-sensei, despite the fact he had left the chat the instant he was added, claiming the many 'pings' gave him a head ache.

Chuckling quietly to myself, I switched my phone off and placed it back down on the bedside table, with a deep breath and closed eyes, sleep greeted me with open arms.

--

When the next day came, I brushed off my mother's not so subtle attempts to make me stay just a day longer. The condition to their approval, was that at least for today, my father would drive me to the front gate, despite the short distance. Albeit begrudgingly, I agreed to the deal, for the sake of my dreams to become a pro hero.

The car slowed to a stop along the pavement just outside the gate, the window of the driver's seat perfectly aligning to the front door, no doubt my dad wanted to see me walk in to assure that no villain could possibly grab me along the way. The idea was a bit far fetched, what with the raised security after the attack, but to ease his inevitable worry, I said nothing and simply unbuckled my seat belt.

Grabbing my school bag from the foot well, I pulled one strap around my shoulder and reached for the door handle.

"(Y/n)"

I paused, glancing over at my dad, glancing out the window next to his head, slightly anxious that the bell might ring and the gates might close while we were talking.

His hands fell off the steering wheel and onto his lap, he was uncharacteristically fidgetty "I know that this may seem like some kind of punishment after what you've been through, but-- for us this is..." he trailed off quietly.

"Your mother and I being quirkless and for you to have a quirk like this-- and to be in a school filled with nothing but danger it's just so-"

"Weird?"