8 | Night

The night I had to spend at Yuuei while my school preparations were being made was one that I will remember forever. That night I shared a room with Bakugo. He didn't say a word to me till about 3 am. Neither of us had slept. We both were in beds tossing and turning.

He broke the silence with a whisper of "You Awake?"

"Yeah," I said back. I turned over in my sleeping bag to look at him. I could only see his outline in the dark.

"Why," Bakugo said. "Why after everything you've gone through.. Why have you decided to give up. I hate to admit it, but at one point you were the most determine in the the whole class to become a hero. Even after all I had said to you in the past you never broke."

I stayed silent.

"I remember how devastated you were after All Might's death. I remember how your face looked. I never thought it would end up with you leaving," He continued. "Everyone is curious. Just.. why."

"Stop," I finally said. "I was never meant to be a hero. Not for me."

"No YOU stop, dickhead," Bakugo said back as he turned towards the wall. "You used to never give up. You used to be so hopeful it annoyed me. Now you're just a depressing sack of Izuku."

"I've just run out of hope to give," I sighed. "I've seen the truth."

"What the fuck does that even mean?" Bakugo said loudly.

"I don't want to explain myself," I crumpled the ends of the sleeping bag in my hands.

"YOU DON'T WANT TO EXPLAIN YOURSELF? WELL IM HAVING tROUBLE UNDERSTANDING! God, I don't even know why I'm wasting breath talking to you," He yelled as he sat up.

"I DON'T KNOW EITHER YOU PRICK! YOU HAVE NEVER GIVEN TWO SHITS ON WHETHER I LIVED OR DIED AND NOW YOU'RE CURIOUS ON WHY I'M  LEAVING?" I yelled back. I sat up abruptly.

"I don't want to lose my rival," Bakugo mumbled. "Everyone else sucks and I don't want to lose to you."

I knew this conversation would go no where. This just proved my point on why I'm leaving. He didn't care about my well-being. He just wanted me there so he could beat me. He was already too late to the party because life was already doing that.

I unzipped my sleeping bag and got out.

"Where are you going?" He called after me as I picked up the bag and left the room.

"Away from here," I said as I slammed the door.

***

I left Yuuei with suprisingly no regrets. I felt as if I had made the right choice for myself.

I moved into my dorm at Akio Academy in Tokyo the following day. The dorm was basically a small apartment with a bedroom, small kitchen , bathroom, and a small living room. I felt comfortable, but I felt alone. The loneliness hadn't hit me till then.

I fell to my knees and began to cry. I was in the center of my empty dorm balling. Everything was crashing down at once.

My mom was gone. All-Might was gone. My future as a hero was gone. There was no turning back.

I was utterly and absolutely alone.

***

HI FRIENDS!! I'm sorry this is so short and I keep apologizing for short chapters! I've lost my train of ideas again. I'm only uploading this so I don't leave you guys totally on edge. I have ideas I just need to think of more glue to piece them together. I'm trying guys I really am! Thank you all for your patience!!!!