8 - Home

Once we arrived in my home country, Carrie convinced me to go straight to their hotel because things would get complicated if I came there the next day. Besides she needed my help to take care of a lot of things as they would fly back to their country right after the show. I finally agreed.

Fortunately, I wasn't really exposed as we took the VIP lane to get into the car. As soon as we got to the hotel, we went straight to business. We prepared the boys' outfits and packed the rest, while the boys were busy rehearsing. Before we knew it, it was already passed dinner time.

Knock, knock.

"Come in," Carrie said.

"Hey, can I borrow (y/n) for a moment?" Daniel asked as he peeked from behind the door and Carrie nodded.

He brought me to eat at a restaurant inside the hotel.

"Sorry I couldn't bring you anywhere else as it would be complicated," he said.

"Are you kidding me? This is like one of the most delicious restaurant in the city," I said excited, "And it's really expensive too, so thank you," I whispered and he chuckled.

"Eat a lot then, you haven't eat anything other than the noodle that I gave you, right?" he said.

"Hehehe. I got busted again. I didn't know you could read minds too. What it is exactly that you can't do, God Daniel?" I asked and he shrugged then smiled.

I was so hungry, so I ate the food like there's no tomorrow, until I finally choked on my food.

"Eat slowly, will you? Are you always that impatient?," he said as he gave me a glass of water.

"You're like a dispenser, you know? Always ready to give me water when I need them," I said.

"But you have to be able to do that by yourself when I'm not around," he said as he looked at me.

I didn't answer. I just looked down at my plate and played with my food. I lost my appetite.

"Did what happen upset you that much, that you didn't eat all day?" he asked.

"Can we talk about happy stuffs instead? I really don't wanna be sad right now," I said and he nodded, "As we don't have much time left," I mumbled softly.

Then we talked about some random stuffs and laughed a lot, until we decided to go back.

"Can you come to my room for a moment? There's something that I wanna give to you," he asked as he grabbed my hand before I could get inside Carrie's room and I nodded.

After we got inside his room, he was rumbling his stuffs and took some small papers then looked at them unsure.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing. I'm just not sure if you want them," he said as he looked at me.

"What is it? Come on, don't make me anxious. You know I'm impatient, right?" I asked as I approached him.

"Mmm, I don't really bring much, I only have these. But I'm not sure if you want them, i-i-it's kind of embarrassing," he said as he stroke the back his head, and gave me the small papers.

"Are these? The selfie polaroid? That you signed? That I could only get if I win a lucky draw?" I asked and he nodded. "Are you kidding me? Of course I want them. Are you sure you wanna give these to me? Wait. Don't answer that. You already give it to me. I'll never give these back," I said as I hugged the pictures.

"Hahaha. Do you like me that much?" he asked as he stroke my hair, and I nodded frantically.

When I turned around and headed to the door, "I'm leaving tomorrow night, right after the fan meeting," he suddenly said as he hugged me from behind and rested his head on the crook of my neck.

"I know. Carrie told me. Don't worry about me. I can take care of myself," I said as I patted his hand.

"I'm sure you'll be fine. But I don't think I'll be fine without you though," he said.

"You know why I like you?" I asked.

"Why?" he asked back.

"Ever since I know you, through Produce 101, I've been looking out for you. Although I got whipped by Minhyun for a while though," I confessed and he pinched me. "But, I can't seem to be able to get over you. The more I know you, the more I'm sure that you're a nice person. You inspired me to become a better person, and to pursue the things that I've never even dare to think to try. A lot of good surprises and meaningful things have happened to me, because of you. And I know that a lot of peaches also feel the same way about you. So no matter what happen, and no matter where we are, we peaches, will stand by you. We will protect you," I said.

"I don't know what to say," he said as he planted his head even deeper.

"You don't have to say anything. Just accept it. We love you. You've done a lot for us. You should be proud of yourself," I said as I patted his head.

"Thank you. I'm gonna miss you," he said as he tightened his hug.

"I'm gonna miss you too," I said. "Can I go now? I think I'm gonna explode if I don't. You know for how long have you hugged me? I'm still not used to it," I said as I tried to remove myself from him.

"Hahaha. When we meet again, promise me that you'll be ready to get used to it," he asked as he turned me around to look at him, but still locking me in his hug.

"We will meet ... again?" I asked as I looked at him.

"Of course, silly. I will come back," he said as he ruffled my hair.

Knock, knock.

"Come in," he said.

"Can I have her back? I lost something again," she said.

"Please save meeeeeee. It's too hot in hereeeeeee," I said as I ran to the door and Carrie just shook her head.

"Good night Daniel. Have a nice dream," I said before I left.

"I will. But I bet you won't be able to sleep tonight," he said before he winked.

BOOM. My cheeks were burning, hot. Daniel please let me live.