Chapter 2: What A Day

Ella's POV

I sat down on the floor in one of the hallways, sobbing. After a while, Lucy came running up to me. "Are you okay?" Lucy asked putting a hand on my shoulder and sitting down in front of me.

I nodded. "Thanks, Queen Lucy."

"Please, just call me Lucy. I like it better and I get tired of being called 'queen' anyway."

"Alright, Lucy," I said with a smile growing on my face. Lucy was definitely a Hufflepuff; Kind, gentle and sweet, unlike her brother. I was hard for me to imagine that she could be related to someone that means.

"Oh! Um, I think I have something that could cheer you up!" Lucy exclaimed. She stood up and ran down the hallway and into one of the rooms. I guessed that room was her living quarters. She came out with a bag in her hands.

Wait a minute. "That's my backpack!" I said, "Where did you get it?"

"When my brothers found you in the woods. This bag was next to you." Lucy said, handing the bag to me.

"Thanks!" I said. I was so glad to have something of my world with me.

"Ella? I'm sorry about Edmund. Our brother can be a real nuisance sometimes. But after you get to know him, he is really not that bad." Lucy said as she sat back down on the floor.

To me I didn't think "Edmund" and "not that bad" belonged in the same sentence.

"Thanks. And don't worry about it, Lucy. I've had worse happen to me. Much worse" I said, thinking about my past.

"I know. But it has been seven years since we came here. Edmund was just a silly 10-year old when we first entered Narnia and it was very easy for him to get tricked by the witch."

I nodded but I wasn't totally convinced at that moment.

"I have to leave right now. Fill free to explore the castle if you want, and Ella, the room that you were resting in. You can stay there alright?"

"Alright." Once Lucy was gone, I reached into my backpack and pulled out my headphones. I then got up from the floor and went back to the room I would be staying in, hoping that everyone had left. "I am a question to the world. Not an answer to be heard. Or a moment that's held in your arms. And what do you think you'd ever say. I won't listen any-"

I couldn't finish singing because I saw two maids standing in my room. Their back was turned to me and one of them was facing the big wardrobe and hanging up clothes in it while the other was making up my bed. When they both heard me enter the room, they turned to me and smiled.

"Hello there. I'm Katherine. And this is Mable" The maid at my bedside said, pointing to the maid at the wardrobe.

"I'm Ella Ryder," I said.

Mable gasped, "The new girl from the other world! Word goes around fast and everyone was shocked to hear that another Daughter of Eve has arrived in Narnia."

Before I could say anything else to the two girls, Susan walked into the room. The maids bowed slightly to the queen and then left the room.

"I see you have already met your two maids," Susan said walking over to the wardrobe "Now, are you ready to get changed?"

I nodded and looked down at my modern day clothes "I am ready to get out of these clothes."

Susan walked over the wardrobe and started to pull out some dresses for me to wear. "What are those things in your ears?" she asked.

"Oh! They are called headphones. You plug them into this device called an mp3 and it plays music for you"

Susan's face lit up, "I would love to hear your type of music sometime and I know that Lucy would love to as well. It is always fun to hear and try new things."

"Sure!" I said with a warm smile on my face. I was glad to share some things from my world with them. Susan walked over to me with a long purple gown with gold trimmings and a white nightgown. Both were gorgeous.

"You can pick which one you want to wear. Now come on, out of those clothes" Susan ordered in such a motherly way.

"Where do I change?" I asked taking the dresses from her. I didn't want to just change right in front of them. It just wasn't comfortable for me.

"Oh! There is a changing wall over there," she said and pointed to a long sheet that was by the wardrobe. I thanked her and walked behind the sheet. I started changing into the dress I wanted while Susan talked to me.

"So, if you want, you can join us for dinner?" Susan said, "That is unless you are too tired."

"If it is okay with you, I think that I will just go to bed" I replied as I came out from behind the sheet in my nightgown. "I'm not that hungry anyway and I'm still getting used to being in a new place"

Susan told me that she understood and that she would see me in the morning, then closed the door. I hung the beautiful purple dress back in the wardrobe and climbed in to the huge bed. Once my head hit the pillow I fell into a dreamless asleep.