Chapter Four.

Normani's POV

Today is my third day here and I'm having some mixed emotions about it. I'm cool with it because I'm staying with my grandmother and I have Noelle and Choie to keep me company. But it's so freaking quiet in here, I hate it.

I'd rather be back in my apartment on campus getting ready to sell drugs to the students at school. Speaking of drugs I have a plan that I could put in motion but I'm gonna need Arin's but before I can do that I gotta hit up the boss  and get his approval.

My grandma is downstairs listening to her gospel music while she cleans up. I took this as the perfect opportunity to call the boss up and let him know what's good.

"Who dis?" Dwayne asked.

"It's Normani, stupid." I said.

"Well, if it isn't my little queenpin in training. I've been missing you, I have no one else to sell those blue notes on campus anymore." Dwayne said.

"That's why I'm calling you. I'm not gonna be in Houston for awhile but I still wanna run that operation. I got a runner for me that's the best on my team and I trust him. If you let us work together we can keep that stream of money coming in for you." I said.

"I'm listening." Dwayne said.

I closed my door and sat down on the bed, "his name is Arin, he's been running for me since I got started. He's hella smart and super discreet. You supply him with the pills and I'll tell him how to sell them on campus and we split the profits down the middle, after you get your cut of course." I said.

"And you trust this kid?" Dwayne asked.

"Yes sir. He doesn't know how to bag it properly but I can show him how to do everything. And if this comes through I might have another location for you to sell to." I said.

"Is that right?" Dwayne asked.

"Yes. There's a community college not too far from where I'm staying and my friend tells me that people could use some study aides." I said.

"Alright Mani, if you can make this long distance job work, I'll help out set up shop wherever the hell you are." Dwayne said.

I grinned, "I promise I won't let you down. Bye." I said.

I did a backflip then called Arin and told him what the plan was. He was exciting about being in charge but I let him know that I was the one running things. Then he started with the I miss you and I love you's. Arin and I will never be that close to each other ever again. I would love to have somebody to keep me company but I don't necessarily need somebody, if that makes any sense.

I went downstairs and helped grandma with her cleaning. After we finished we sat down in the living room and watched the cooking shows.

"What do you have planned for today?" Grandma asked.

"Probably hangout with Choie and Noelle." I said.

"That's nice. You thought about finding a job while you're here?" Grandma asked.

"Me, working a 9-5? Seriously?" I asked.

"9-5, 7-7, 12-4, 8-5. It doesn't matter. Find something to do, I know you don't wanna be stuck in the house with me all day." Grandma said.

I laid my head on her shoulder, "I love being here with you grandma." I said.

"Mmhm, I hope you bought a dress because you're going to church with me tomorrow." Grandma said.

I nervously chuckled and gave a thumbs up, "I'm so excited." I said sarcastically.

"Don't worry, we get out early, Noelle and Choie will be there, and so will Y/N." Grandma said.