9:s'mores

AN: wow i am teRRIBLE at updating i am truly sorry, I was busy getting my heart broken

The sun was just starting to rise when I woke up in the tent next to Bailey. She was still asleep, but somehow looked like an angel. I smiled.

I reached over to grab my phone and read my notifications. Not to my surprise, I only had two notifications both from a group chat I never respond to. I worried I had woke Bailey up when she started to move, and I laid still. She moved to lay her head on my shoulder. I examined her thick brunette hair. That's when I remembered what occurred last night. It all happened so fast I could barely process it. First, i jumped off a cliff and kissed her. Next, Bailey backed away when the kissing escalated. Then, she swam back to land and got out.

What the hell just happened? Did I do something? I thought.

I just floated there shocked and seemingly paralyzed. After a moment Bailey turned around and shouted "Aren't you coming?" It was only then I could move again. I followed her path to get out of the water.

"Want to jump again?" Bailey asked.

"Uh, yeah sure." I responded confusedly. So I followed her all the way back up to the top and watched her jump down again. She resurfaced at the top pretty fast and looked up at me.

"Are you coming?" She shouted. I was in a weird kind of daze. I wasn't seeing quite clearly and I was starting to feel lightheaded. Jumping down wasn't scary at all anymore, or at least I was too distracted to be scared.

Without thinking, I just stepped down off the rock. I touched the bottom of the water with my feet and let myself naturally rise to the top.

"You ok?" Bailey asked as she swam over to me. I snapped out of the daze and looked at her pretty eyes.

"Me? Yeah sorry I just have a bit of a headache."

"Aw, I'm sorry! Do you want to dry off and start putting up the tent?"

"Yeah sure." We walked to where we wanted to put up the tent. I couldn't quite tell if the silence was awkward or not.

About halfway through setting up the new looking blue tent she asked,"how many things do you have left on your bucket list?"

"Oh, um I think still about seven?"

"When you complete it are you going to leave France?"

"I don't think so." Bailey didn't respond to this but I could see her hiding a smile. Later that night we started a fire to roast marshmallows.

"You know, I have never made s'mores before." I mentioned as we sat on some cheap chairs. Her chair was next to mine. The fire was small but cozy-ish feeling and it was a couple feet away from us.

"Really?"

"Really."

"Well I am glad to be the first person you have made s'mores with." We laughed until it faded and was replaced by the fire crackling.

"Are you a campfire?" I questioned.

"Uh-"

"because you're hot and I want s'more" I said before she could answer. She laughed so hard she almost dropped the stick her marshmallow was on.

"You're an idiot," she smiled broadly. I smiled back and then it was quiet again. Bailey went back to toasting her marshmallow. "Actually, I'm the real idiot, I'm sorry." Bailey said after a long moment.

"Sorry for what?"

"For ignoring the kiss earlier. I don't know, I guess I was scared. I saw that 'fall in love' was on your bucket list. I don't just want to be some girl you decide to try to fall in love with because it's on your list. And then once you do that and check everything off, bam you'll be gone." She blurted out. Then she started talking really fast, "oh! Unless you don't even like me that way and I'm just sitting here saying all this stuff being a real idiot and-"

"Bailey!" I interrupted her, "Of course I like you that way. I do. You're not some pawn on my bucket list. I'll burn the stupid list right now if you want me too."

"No don't burn it! God, I'm so sorry I am such an over reactor."

"It's kind of cute," I reassured.

"Is it?" She looked away from her toasting marshmallow and into my eyes.

"Definitely." I leaned into her and wrapped my free hand around her neck. Her lips tasted like chocolate.

"Oh shit, I burned the marshmallow." She mumbled and broke away from the kiss, "Oh well," she sighed and kissed me again.

It didn't wander in my mind until the morning, I definitely know I like her, but is she someone I just decided to try and fall in love with because of my bucket list?