(Chapter One)

Alex yelled in emotional agony when she saw the blood trickle down her sister's lips. All she could say was 'no' as her little sister dropped to the floor in a heap and the person responsible stood there with a wicked smile on her lips. The brunette rushed to her sister, reluctant to touch the fragile figure.

"Kara..." Alex whispered and she lifted the blonde's head onto her lap. A small flicker of hope appeared in the distraught brunette when she saw Kara's eyes flutter open. "Stay with me, okay?"

"She's going to die."

"Shut it, Luthor. Don't let the door hit you on your way out, just let my agents hit you when they finally apprehend you."

"You can't save her."

"Shut Up!" Alex yelled at the top of her lungs with her eyes closed, holding her sister's body close. When she opened her eyes, Lillian was gone. She looked back down at Kara, whose eyes were open but Alex couldn't see her behind them. As quick as she could, Alex got her little sister to the DEO and into the operating theatre.

Alex waited for ages outside the room where strangers were trying to save her sister. To be exact, it was three hours until a man came out of the room with tears in his eyes and a clipboard in his hands.

"Is she okay?"

"I'm sorry but...we couldn't save Supergirl."

Four days, Lena had been waiting for the call to tell her that Supergirl was okay. Lena paced her office, fidgeting and checking her phone every few seconds. She had only slept once and that was because she passed out from the workout she had done just after she found out that Lillian had stabbed Kara.

The next day, Lena looked down at her phone one last time before putting it down and sitting on her couch. She heard a knock at the window and looked up to see Supergirl standing on the balcony.

"Supergirl..." Lena walked briskly to the window and opened it, allowing Kara to step through and hug her best friend. "I thought you were hurt. I was expecting Alex to come storming in telling me you were awake or at least okay but this was surprising, to say the least."

"Alex doesn't know yet and you really shouldn't either. It's not entirely because you are Lillian's daughter but it kind of is. I wasn't going to tell anyone that I was okay until they caught Lillian. If she thinks I'm dead, she will surrender."

"What are you talking about?"

"I faked my death."