(Chapter Ten)

A few hours ago

Lena had been told that Alex was going to get Lillian so she made a plan of her own to get there before Alex did. Sam and Lena arrived long before Alex, they snuck in the same way Alex would and watched as Lillian ordered people around and made sick plans. Sam's fist got even tighter when she saw the plans for a bomb to kill all Kryptonians.

"Lena, we should leave."

"No! Alex will be on her way and I want to help." She kept crawling through the vents until they got to an opening. It was a room filled with the green glowing rock that Lena hated. She didn't know what to say other than, "Kryptonite."

"That's a lot of Kryptonite. Like, way more than enough to kill Kara and Superman." Sam put her left hand on Lena's back as comfort. "Let's go. We should hide at least until Alex gets here." Sam went to look around but screamed when she saw Lillian standing in the doorway. She held a gun up and shot. Sam blacked out and hit the ground, a pool of blood forming on the ground below her. Lena dropped to her friend's side and tried to find where she was bleeding from but she couldn't find the bullet hole. 

All of the sudden, Sam disappeared and when Lena looked up, she was standing right there with a gawking look on her face. Lillian held the gun up but instead of Sam getting hurt this time, Lena wouldn't let that happen. The gun went off and Lena jumped in front of her friend, catching the bullet in her shoulder. Sam was about to help Lena when the gun went off again but instead of the loud noise it made before, it was more a gasp of air than a bang, followed by a dart sticking to Sam's hand. She dropped to the floor and watched them drag Lena off into another room before black clouded her vision and she didn't have the energy to fight it off.

Present Time

Kara stood tall before Lillian. She was ready to finally get revenge for everything she had done. Alex watched in horror, her sister who she had just recently learnt was alive, was about to get herself killed... again. Astra watched from above, not wanting to go back into the line of fire so soon after coming back to life.

"I seem to remember putting a sword through your heart. Now, tell me Supergirl, how did you survive that?" The other agents held Alex back as Kara stood up to Lillian.

"I didn't. Technically, it wasn't me. But let's not get into the details. Let's just fight this out."

"To the death?" Kara nodded and charged at Lillian, who quickly grabbed a Kryptonite knife from her back pocket and sent it straight through Kara's stomach. Alex jumped out from the vents and ran to her side. Kara stood painfully and ripped the knife out, yelling in agony as blood seemed to flow out of the wound like a waterfall. Alex held her sister up as she doubled over in pain. Lillian took a few steps back and flicked a switch which turned on some lights, making Kara heal almost instantly. "I'm going to have a lot of fun with this."

"No fun for you, Luthor." Maggie appeared behind them with a gun. She aimed at Lillian's heart and pulled the trigger. The eldest Luthor dropped to the floor, laughing while coughing up blood. "What's so funny?" Maggie demanded, kneeling next to Lillian.

"Now you'll never find your precious Lena." She said to Kara, then smiled, her eyes glazing over.

"Lena? What did she do with Lena?" Kara shook with fear and frantically used her x-ray vision to scan the place. There were two rooms lined with lead. "Alex, down that hallway, take two rights and it's the fifth door on the left." Alex nodded and left to find the room. "Maggie, down the same hallway but one left and it's the first room on the left." Maggie left without a word and Kara headed for the other room. "Guys, let me know what you find." She said over the comms. They both said 'yes'.

Kara flew to the last room and landed at the door. She kicked it in to find a small room with only one cell in it. She ran to the brunette, pulling apart the bars to get to her. She looked up at Kara and threw her arms around her friend. "How did you find us?"

"I followed Alex here and then we took out Lillian. She's... dead now. I can come home." Kara smiled, her thoughts wandering to her girlfriend. "Where's Lena?"

"She's in another room." Sam and Kara ran out to the hallway where Kara stopped for a moment. She was very scared but when she finally found Lena's heartbeat, strong and steady, she relaxed and grabbed Sam's hand, leading her to the room where Maggie was trying to get a door open.

"Miss Arias?" Maggie smiled, trying to hide their affair from Alex, who had just arrived. "I didn't expect to see you here."

"Lena's my best friend. When she said she was coming to get Lillian, I couldn't let her come alone." Kara ignored the weird looks the two were giving each other and kicked the door in.

"Lena!" She ran to her girlfriend, who was standing in the middle of the room. Lena took in the smell and warmth of Kara that she hadn't felt for months. "I missed you so much."

"I thought you left for good." Lena pulled away and kissed Kara in front of Maggie and Sam, and all of the other agents Alex had brought with her. Kara kept kissing her, unaware that they had an audience. Kara ran her hand over the wound on Lena's shoulder.

"I would never leave you, Lena. Never."

Four months later, everything was starting to go back to the way it was. Jake and Kara had 'broken up'. Alex and Sara were engaged. Sam was running L-Corp. Kara had finally come out and started dating Lena publically. Everything seemed to be finally normal.

Supergirl took down every threat that was thrown her way until a new villain appeared in National City. An old friend. Kara called her cousin in to help her take the devil down.

"You shouldn't have come back, Reign," Clark yelled. He was in front of Kara protectively but he couldn't shield his cousin from what Reign had to say. The three Kryptonians hovered in the sky near L-Corp.

"And Supergirl shouldn't have kept the truth from the City. There are other ways to deal with things than lying, Kara." She took her mask off. "I'm not Reign. You should remember that you defeated her." Kara put a hand to her mouth and almost broke down in tears. Sam flew to Clark and hit him in the jaw, sending him flying towards the ground, landing with a crash. She grabbed Kara by the neck and smiled.

"Why are you doing this?" Kara choked.

"Reign was truth and justice. You are lies covered in a fake illusion of hope." She flew to a building, L-Corp, holding her over the edge. Lena went up to the roof to see what the loud noise was. She watched the exchange, watched everything. "Something feels familiar about this. I just wish I could give you the beating she did." With those last words, Sam put a Kryptonite necklace around Kara's neck and dropped her.