3. Shattered 💔

Thank you all for your votes and comments.

Thanks for completing the target too.

Please ignore the mistakes. Happy reading!😊

Target: 130 votes

******************************************
Dev walked into his house, which was now as dark as his mind. It was almost midnight then, and he was unusually late. He slowly walked towards Arohi's room, and opened the door slow enough to not wake her up. "Arohi!", his voice came out as a whisper more of a shock, finding her bed empty. His mind was clouded with worries and insecurities, thinking of the worst possibilities while his eyes rummaged through every nook and corner of the room to find atleast a glimpse of her. Tears filled his eyes, as he felt his nightmare turning into reality.

His legs wandered around the house restlessly, finally landing him in his room. He opened the door with a screech and the scene in front of him made him let out his breath, which he himself didn't know for how long he has been holding on. He saw sonakshi sleeping on the bed, with her one hand around her baby bump and the other hand around Arohi, who was snuggling closer to her chest. Sighing in relief, he walked towards his life lines, who were sleeping peacefully unaware of the storm that was going to hit them the next day.

He sat beside Arohi, caressing her hair and admiring the mother-daughter duo. A lone tear escaped his eyes, as the harsh reality striked him. His beautiful world, his little paradise is going to be broken, only by himself. He is going to crush the poor souls, by breaking himself apart. Only he knew how difficult it is, to break his own nest to build someone's palace.

"Dev", Sonakshi's voice broke his reverie. He wiped the tears from the corner of his eyes, which went unnoticed due to the darkness around them. "When did you come?", she asked switching on the night lamp, while he stiffened himself. "Just now", he lied when he himself didn't know for how long he had been staring at his world. "What happened? Is everything alright?", she asked concerned by his behaviour. "Yeah", he whispered as his voice choked in. "Okay, come and have your dinner", she said and was about to stand but he stopped her. "I had my dinner already", he lied again while she looked at him confused.

"Did you all eat?", he asked and she nodded. "Your Junior was so hungry, so we ate already. But your princess was adamant that she will eat only if you feed her. But I somehow managed to make her eat", she said smiling while he looked at arohi longingly. "May be she should get used to my absence hereafter", he murmured sadly which went unnoticed by her. "Okay so, take arohi to her room. She slept while waiting for you", she said smiling at her. "Let her sleep here itself... With us.. For one last time", he said the last part to himself while she nodded.

"How beautiful she looks while sleeping", Sonakshi said smiling as they both settled themselves on either side of Arohi. "Just like her super mom", he said kissing Arohi's hand, which was holding his finger tightly. "A bit like her father too", Sonakshi smiling but soon his smile faded away. "Sona, what if someone.. someone came to take arohi", he asked nervously. "Who will come?", she asked stroking her hair, who was sleeping peacefully. "Her family", he said tensed while she stopped and looked at him for a while.

"We are her family", she said looking into his eyes, who looked at her blankly. "But..", he was about to say something but she interrupted him. "Do you remember that day when I woke up from my coma? When you introduced arohi as our daughter to me.. When she called me as Maa for the first time.. It's the best day of my life", she said still stroking her hair, smiling to herself, all lost in her thoughts. "For every woman, the best day of her life will be the day when she becomes a mother. Letting a part of her body, her soul, who was inside her for the ten months to come alive was like taking a rebirth to her. On that day, even I took a rebirth and as a result I got you and arohi", she said smiling at him.