4. Broken souls 💔

Thank you all for your votes and comments.

Thanks for completing the target too.

Please ignore the mistakes. Happy reading!😊

Target: 140 votes

******************************************

Next morning :

Last night was horrible for Dev as he broke the truth to Sonakshi. He knew that at some point he should do that, but he expected her to argue with him, to fight with him to not send Arohi anywhere. Instead she went all silent, taking him by surprise. What shocked him was she didn't even utter a word after knowing the truth. She was calm, but her eyes reflected her inner agony. Her silence killed him. May be this is what they call as being numb.

Dev was wide awake the whole night, sitting beside her, taking her head on his lap and stroking her hairs. He himself didn't know when he dozed off. After all, even he hadn't slept for the past two nights. His pain was even bigger because he can't fight with anyone for Arohi. He is in a position to let her go for the sake of her goodness only, even if it brings him her hatred.

"Sonakshi", he whispered waking up from his sleep, letting his hands on her side of bed. But finding her nowhere, he shot his eyes open in horror as his mind started imagining the worst possibilities. He rushed out of their room, searching for her in every nook and corner of the house. "Kichu bhaiya, did you see sonakshi any where?", he asked nervously while kichu nodded in a no, increasing his fear more.

Suddenly he got reminded of something and he rushed upstairs. He sighed a little in relief as he found sonakshi sleeping besides arohi, holding her as tight as possible. Traces of tears were visible in her face, which means she had cried. Atleast she had cried, letting out all her pent up emotions instead of burying it within herself like him. He walked towards them slowly as his eyes became moist. May be this was the last time he was seeing such a sight. Next day, arohi may not be here, with him, with them.

He sat beside them looking at them longingly. Arohi tossed in her sleep as she found herself embraced in someone's warmth. "Papa", she whispered breaking his reverie as he quickly wiped his tears without her notice. "What happened? Why is mumma sleeping in my room? Did you fight with her again?", she asked seriously sitting upright, careful enough not to disturb sonakshi while Dev let out a sad chuckle.

"No princess. It's just that she wished to sleep with you", he said caressing her hair. "Oh.. it's okay then. Promise me that you'll never fight with mumma and you shouldn't make her cry ever", she asked while Dev looked at her longingly. Who's going to scold him from the next day if he did something wrong? After his mother, it was only arohi who had the courage to raise her voice against him, which even sonakshi fears to do sometimes. But who will do that hereafter? How is he going to live without her? How are they going to live without her?

"Papa, promise me", she demanded him, bringing him out of his thoughts. "I promise you princess. I will never let your mumma cry", he said pecking her forehead, when he himself knew that he's gonna break this promise within a few more hours. "Fine. Go and get ready soon. Someone special is coming here to meet my princess", he said while she looked at him surprised. "Who's is gonna come?", she asked excitedly. "You will get to know it soon. Now go and freshen up. Your favourite breakfast is waiting for you", he said smiling, making her jump in excitement.

***

"Sir, what should I make for lunch?", the cook asked to Arjun as he settled down. "Don't make anything now. I don't know what she likes", he said sadly thinking over something. "Let's do one thing. After she comes, take a note of everything she likes and prepare everything according to that", he said while he nodded. "Ravi, have you done what I said?", Arjun asked his PA. "Yes, sir. I have made all the necessary arrangements. And a new room is ready as you said Sir", he said standing beside him. "Good", he replied him back.