2. The Shock

Thank you for your votes and comments.

Thanks for completing the target too.

Ignore the mistakes. Happy reading!

Target : 120 votes

******************************************
"Sonakshi.. Arohi..", Dev was searching the mother-daughter duo from the time he entered their house, but they seemed to have disappeared from his sight. "Kichu bhaiya, where is sonakshi and Arohi?", he asked to kichu who took his bag from his hand. "They are in garden Dev bhaiya", he replied and walked in, as dev shook his head in dismay. He walked towards the garden and saw sonakshi and arohi, sitting in a corner. He went towards them and stood at their back. They were so much immersed in their talks that they failed to know his presence.

"Mumma why do these plants have thorns outside?", Arohi asked sonakshi pointing towards the two little cactus plants. "It is for their protection", sonakshi replied covering it with mud. "But why do they need to protect themselves?", Arohi asked innocently while sonakshi thought for a while. "Cactus are like us. People cover themselves with thorn like facade so that they can mask their emotions. And not all can remove that mask of them, to let their emotions out. Only a few who can handle them with care can pass through that facade of them and could get their love. Similarly, only who handles these plants carefully can have the fruits inside, inspite of the thorns they have outside", she said with a tight lipped smile.

"Arey wah! My khargosh has grown up intelligent", Dev said surprisedly while they both snapped their head towards him. "Hello Mr. Dixit! I'm born with intelligence", Sonakshi said proudly. "When did I say about you? I'm talking about khargosh. Isn't it princess?", he asked winking at arohi to which she chuckled while sonakshi rolled her eyes off them. "By the way, what are you both doing in the garden?", he asked them. "I was introducing my friends to arohi", Sonakshi said excitedly. "Friends?", he asked looked around but found no one. "Which friends are you talking about?", he asked her confusedly to which she looked back.

"This is motu and this is patlu", she said excitedly pointing towards the two cacti

"This is motu and this is patlu", she said excitedly pointing towards the two cacti. "Side effects of watching too much of cartoons", Dev murmured to himself which went unnoticed by sonakshi. "So you still have this mental disorder of talking with plants!", he asked unbelievably reminiscing the day they made pinky promise to each other. A small smile lingering in his lips, thinking about their initial days of friendship. "Good habits die hard", she said twitching her nose in annoyance to which he chuckled. "Wow mumma! So you talked to plants even before this", Arohi asked excitedly. "Not only to plants she used to talk to even table and chairs in her house. If they had legs they would have ran away long back hearing her talks", Dev said chuckling to which sonakshi gave him a death glare. "Only few people have that super power arohi. And your mumma is one among them", Sonakshi said proudly. "So my mumma is a super mom!", Arohi exclaimed and jumped in excitement.

"I bought some chocolates but it seems like you both don't want it. So let me eat all by myself", he said turning away only to be stopped by their screams. "Dev!", they both shouted in unison while he gawked at them open mouthedly. "What?", he asked in shock looking at his two girls, shooting him with their angry glares. It wasn't often that he heard arohi called him by his name. But whenever she is angry or upset with him she used to become old arohi and call him by his name. Not that he is complaining, he always found it cute when she calls him by his name. But still, hearing her call him as 'papa' gave him immense pleasure and satisfaction. "You can't eat my chocolates", Arohi said angrily while he giggled internally as she resembled sonakshi in every aspect. "Like mother like daughter", he thought and chuckled.