7. Little warrior

Thank you all for your votes and comments.

Please ignore the mistakes. Happy reading!😊

Target: 120 votes

******************************************
"Mr. Varma.. Mr. Varma..", Dev was shouting his name, barging into his house inspite of the security guard's protest. "You can't walk in like this. Sir is not at home", the security tried to stop him, but in vain. "All these days he was behind me. But now after getting what he want he is showing his true colors. Now I got to know who he is", Dev's anger was at its peak. He was angry on himself, for trusting and letting arohi to be with a man, who didn't even have a basic humanity. "Who is that?", Radha asked irritatedly descending down the stairs hearing the chaos. "Doctorji!", she said in smirking seeing Dev standing furiously.

"Doctor ji why are you here? Do you need anything?", she asked him sarcastically. "Call Mr. Varma", he said trying to be as calm as possible. "He is not at home. So you can leave", she said sternly making him all the more angry. "I'm not going to leave. I called him last night but he refused to even talk to me and now he is hiding from me", he muttered angrily making her gulp down. Only she knew that it was her who refused to hand over the call to Arjun, in her frustration last night. If anyhow arjun comes to know about it, she was sure that she will be in a place to face his wrath. "Was that you who talked to me last night over the phone?", Dev asked breaking her reverie, shocking her to the core. She knew that now she should do something to save herself from the mess she had created.

"What? Which phone call are you talking about?", she asked fumbling with her words much to his doubt. "Last night, someone picked up my call and said that Mr. Varma wasn't ready to talk to me. Was that you?", he asked her again and she gulped down. "No.. No.. It's not me. It may be some maid", she tried to cover up which didn't go unnoticed by him. "Wait. Why are you investigating me? You came here to see Arjun Sir. Now that he is not here, you can go", she said diverting him. "I want to see Arohi. Call her", he said taking her by surprise. "Why?", she asked irritatedly and he fisted his hand in anger.

"I don't have to say that to you. Call her", he said angrily. "You should say that to me only. Now that Arjun Sir is also not at home, how can I let you to meet her?", she asked him irritatedly. "I will talk to him later. Now let me meet arohi. Tell her that I came just to meet her", he said trying to be as calm as possible. He knew that his anger can ruin things now. "Wait", she said annoyingly and walked upstairs towards Arohi's room.

"Baby", Radha called arohi who was sitting on the bed, resting her chin on her knees and staring at the wall. But she didn't seem to be affected. "Baby, that doctor na.. He came to see you", Radha said irritatedly and arohi snapped her head towards her. "Mumma?", she asked her longingly while radha huffed in dismay. "No, only he came. And that too he is shouting at everyone down there. It's he who had let you go but now he is acting as if we have snatched you from them", she said annoyingly while arohi just stared at her. "Shall I go and tell him that you are not willing to meet him?", Radha asked her smiling brightly. "I'm coming", Arohi said stepping down from the bed, shocking her.

"Where is arohi?", Dev asked radha, who was descending the stairs alone. "She is coming", Radha said irritatedly and sat on the couch. Arohi walked out of her room a little later, dressed in her school uniform. Dev's eyes moistened and his smile grew up seeing arohi walking down the stairs. Before he could rush towards her, arohi went towards the dinning hall, accommodating herself conformtably. "Wow Radha aunty, you made my favourite pasta today. Now please feed me like yesterday", she said looking at her breakfast plate much to Radha's surprise. Last night, she slept silently without even eating anything but now she herself was calling her to feed her, she thought.