6. Promises

Thank you all for your votes and comments.

Please ignore the mistakes. Happy reading!😊

Target: 120 votes

******************************************
"Dev.. ahh.. Dev.. It's paining", Sonakshi was writhing, panting heavily and Dev clutched her hands tightly. She was being carried to the labor ward in a stretcher and Dev was running behind her holding her hands. "You can't go after that. Please wait here", the nurse informed as Dev looked at her baffled. He didn't want to leave her alone, that too at this time. "Let him in", Dr. Sharma informed her and Dev looked at her thankfully. He was working in the same hospital prior to setting up his clinic and Dr. Sharma was one of his colleagues then.

Dr. Sharma, who saw Dev still staring at him, spoke up. "You don't need to thank me now Dr. Dixit. Lets get in. It's getting late", she said and both hurried inside the ward. As soon as he entered inside, his heart ached seeing sonakshi crying her lungs out. He rushed towards her and stood beside her. "Dev.. Dev.. Our baby.. Save our baby", she mumbled wincing in pain, zooming in and out of her unconscious state. "Sona, our baby is safe. It's just that he wants to come to us. Now, please relax and help him to come out, okay?", he asked her who nodded her head in a faint no.

"I'm going to die..ahh..Take care of our baby.. Even if I'm not there with you.. Ahh.. Dev, it's paining a lot", she cried hysterically. "Sshhh.. You are not going anywhere. I know it will pain a lot but just think about our baby. He needs you now. He needs your help now. Try to push a little", he said rubbing her palms, which were going numb. He could sense her giving up and his fears grew more. "Dev.. Arohi.. I want to see her.. Please.. Let me see her.. for one last time.. Ahh", she said wincing in pain and Dev looked at her shocked. Bringing arohi now, seemed next to impossible for him. He never expected such a demand from her, atleast not this soon.

"Sona, it's midnight already. She must be sleeping now. I will bring her by morning. Now please don't give up", he said as a glassy liquid covered his vision seeing her losing all her strength. She gave him a faint smile, still struggling to breathe. He could sense her drifting back to her unconscious state, which was definitely not a good sign. "I should be alive till then", her words shook him up, as images of past came before his eyes. The millions of moments he spent restlessly, hoping for her recovery after the critical surgery she had in the past flashed in his mind. Life again put him in a similar situation now, or even worse than that, he thought. "Shut up sona. Don't be stupid", he shouted at her, hearing her words. "Dev please.. Ahh.. I can't Dev.. Bring arohi.. Please.. I want to see her", she said writhing in pain, as Dev stood numb.

"Dr. Dixit, she is giving up. We can't do anything without her support. Do something as soon as you can", Dr. Sharma said Dev looked at her blankly. Being a doctor, he already knew that her delivery is not gonna be an easy one. But still, she was adamant to have the baby from the very beginning and he couldn't go against her. And now, as the time arrived, with the situations getting even worse he didn't know what to do. He moved out of the ward, and dialled elena's number. Her parents were already out of the city for an important work as Sonakshi's due date was only a week later. Now his only hope was elena. He thought of leaving her there with sonakshi and going to Arjun's house to bring arohi. He knew that it's not even a day since arohi left but since now the situation was worse, he thought that Arjun will understand him and let arohi with him atleast for a while.

But, much to his disappointment, elena's phone was out of reach. He knew leaving sonakshi alone at this time was not at all a good idea but at the same time he should go to Arjun's house to bring arohi. Not knowing what to do, he finally dialled Arjun's number, with a hope that he will understand their situation. But Arjun fell asleep in arohi's room, leaving his phone in his room itself. Sensing him not picking up his call, Dev huffed in disappointment and dialled his landline number.