8. The beautiful surprise ❤️

Thank you all for your votes and comments.

Thanks for completing the target too.

Please ignore the mistakes. Happy reading!😊

Target: 120 votes

******************************************
It has been half an hour since sonakshi was standing in front of arohi's school gate. She knew that meeting her at Arjun's place was almost impossible so she decided to meet her at school. It was more than a week since she had met arohi and she knew that arohi will be angry on her. But still, her anger seems to be justified. It was them, adults, who were messing up things ruining the kid's life. She also knew that Dev wouldn't be happy, if he comes to know that she met arohi secretly. But being a mother, she can't control herself. She was hellbent in meeting arohi that day, no matter what consequences it lead to. All that mattered to her at that moment was arohi only.

She wondered why arohi was so late as she was always punctual. From waking her up to dropping her to school, almost every work was done by Dev only though both Dev and sonakshi decided to divide the job equally between them. Not that she liked to impose all the work on him only, it's just that he wished to do everything for arohi by himself without troubling sonakshi and she too just couldn't resist the cuteness of the father-daughter duo. Tears welled up in her eyes, as images of past flashed before her. How she wished to go back in time and set everything right! But alas, now everything went out of their hands and she didn't even know if everything can get back to their actual place. Never even in her dreams, she thought that there would be a day when she would be dying to get atleast a glimpse of arohi. But life isn't fair sometimes.

Her thoughts broke as she heard some known voice. She snapped her head towards that direction and her lips curved up seeing their little princess stepping out of a car. Her face looked pale and she can't even find the tiniest of happiness in her angelic face. An unknown guilt took over her as she considered herself to be responsible for her state. May be if she would have tried to convince Dev a little more or may be if she would have been a little adamant to have arohi with them only, arohi would have been happier she thought. Her trance broke as she heard her footsteps much closer to her.

"Mumma!", Arohi's face lit up as soon as she found sonakshi near the gate. The car that dropped her zoomed off a while ago and she didn't expect sonakshi to be present there, at that moment. "Arohi", Sonakshi whispered as tears pooled up in her eyes, she kneeled down to her height and arohi ran towards her throwing herself in Sonakshi's arms. Sonakshi held her close to herself, showering her with kisses all over her face. "Do you know how much I missed you?", Sonakshi asked her smiling through her tears and arohi couldn't stop herself from grinning ear to ear. She was angry, but on Dev only for letting her go. She longed these days to see sonakshi and now having her close to herself, couldn't make her more happier.

"Mumma see this. I got this batch for scoring first rank in last exam", Arohi said showing her batch proudly and sonakshi couldn't help her smile growing up. "It's beautiful partner. I'm so proud of you", she said kissing her forehead and caressing her batch. "I wished to show this to you yesterday only and you came before me today. How did you come to know everything that I think about?", she asked her innocently. "That's because I'm your mother. And a mother knows everything", she said and arohi smiled at her brightly. "By the way, did you show this to your mamu? What did he say?", Sonakshi asked her excitedly and soon arohi's face dropped off. How could she tell her that she didn't like to tell him everything that happened in their school everyday, like she said to Dev and sonakshi, though he was all ears to her.

She knew that Arjun was trying so much to give his full attention to her, but still she felt that void, not that which happened because of her biological parent's absence but that which happened because of the absence of her parents who cared for her, more than their own child. Sonakshi could sense that something was wrong by looking at her confused expression. But before she could ask her anything, arohi interrupted her. "Mumma, what happened to your tummy?", Arohi asked innocently looking at her now flat abdomen and sonakshi couldn't help but smile at her innocence. "Since my partner scored first mark in class, I have a special surprise for her", Sonakshi said smiling widely while arohi looked at her confused.