Kris One Shot (for norarieqa)

This One Shot is for norarieqa.

Hope you would enjoy this sotry chingu ^^

Listening to Moonlight for some inspiration :D

-------------------------------

  You plopped yourself down on the sofa with a book titled 'Conversational Chinese Guide for Beginners' in your hands.

  Your eyebrows were kintted together as you tried to comprehend the weird characters printed on the pages.

  Kris settleed himself down in the space next to you. He lay down, resting his head on your lap. You wriggled in your seat and tried to concentrate in studying pages after pages of Chinese characters.

  You were trying to learn conversational Chinese by yourself as you wanted to have a fluent conversation with Kris. Sometimes you felt uncomfortable when you heard Kris speaking in Chinese. You wanted to be able to understand his mother tongue so badly but you just sucked at trying to learn a new language.

  You had put in a lot of effort in trying to learn Chinese before, but every session would end with you getting tongue-tied.

  You had even asked Kris to be your personal tutor but it did not help much. There was no improvement and you felt like giving up but what kept you going was your dream of having a conversation with Kris in Chinese.

  You forced yourself to carry on reading the book in your hand.

  "Mi ho na?" you squinted at the words, not sure if you pronounced it correctly or not.

  Kris chuckled at your weird accent. "No, no, no jagiya." Kris wagged his finger at you. "It is Ni Hao Ma." Kris pronounced the words loud and clear with the perfect intonation.

  You sighed in defeat. With that tongue of yours, you were never going to be able to learn how to speak Chinese fluently.

  Kris prodded himself up with his elbow and ruffled your hair with his hands affectionally. He smiled at you while shaking his head, "Why are you learning Chinese again? I thought you have given it up a long time ago?"

  "Aniyo~ I realky want to speak to you in Chinese."

  "Wae?"

  You shook your head, refusing to tell him the reason.

  Kris snaked his arms around your shoulder and pulled you closer to him. "Aren't we communicating with each other perfectly fine right now?"

  "But ..."

  "Alright, I will help you since you are so keen on learning Chinese."

  You opened your guide book and looked towards Kris enthusiastically, waiting for him to say something.

  Kris flipped through your guide book with a frown on his face.

  "Jagiya? Are you sure you want to learn all this?"

  Kris pointed at those Chinese characters printed on the pages. "It is a little too difficult for you to handle at this point of time ..."

  "It says 'Conversational Chinese Guide for Beginners'!" you protested.

  Kris looked at you doubtfully. You puffed out your cheeks, was he doubting your ablity to learn?

  Kris ran his fingers through your hair and closed the guide book with the other hand.

  "I just thought that we should start with something even easier."

  Kris went to take a pen and a piece of blank paper.

  "Jagiya, come here." Kris waved his hand at you. You sat down on his lap infront of a table.

  You held the pen in your hands while Kris wrapped his hand over your hand and guided you in writing some Chinese characters that you did not recongnise.

  "Read after me, Wu Yi Fan."

  "We Wi Fam?" you tried your best but the words still came out weird and funny.

  "Aniyo. Try again. Wu Yi Fan"

  "Wu Yi Fam?" this time it sounded near to perfect. You were quite satisfied with your progress and chanted the phrase over and over again until you had the perfect intonation and pronounciation.

  "Wu Yi Fan, Wu Yi Fan, Wu Yi Fan ..."

  "I think you are good to go jagiya." Kris picked up the pen and gave it to you. In the same position, Kris and you wrote another phrase on the paper.

  "Repeat after me, Wo Ai Ni."

  "Mo Ei Mi?"

  "Wo Ai Ni."

  "Wo Ei Di?"

  "Wo Ai Ni."

  "Ugh. I give up. Why is this phrase so hard?"

  "You can't give up now. This phrase is the most important phrase that you would need to use when you are having a conversation with me!"

  "What do that phrase mean anyway?"

  "This phrase only make sense when it goes with the first phrase that I taught you just now."

  With the desire to know what the two phrases might mean, you carried on practicing.

  "Wo Ai Ni?" After numerous times of trail and error, you finally got the pronouciation correct.

  "Bingo! Jagiya, you just completed your first Chinese lesson! Here is your reward." Kris planted a kiss on your cheeks.

  "Very good. Now say the two phrases together."

  "Wo Ai Ni Wu Yi Fan."

  "Ne. Jagiya, I love you too."

  You gave Kris a confused look. Kris smiled cheekily and replied you, "Wo Ai Ni means I love you. As for Wu Yi Fan ... It is my Chinese name."

  "Aish! Seriously? You have been fooling me around for the past thirty minutes!" You complained.

  "Aniyo. That is all you need to know about Chinese to have a fluent conversation with me." Kris winked at you.

  "Wo Ai Ni (your name)~" Kris pressed his lips against yours.

            ♡♡♡THE END♡♡♡

-------------------------------

I didn't know how to end off this story so the ending was kinda abrupt XD

Keke~ How was this one shot? ^^

Having Kris as your Chinese tutor :D