Chapter 27

As Zachi got in the passenger seat to be with Ynah & I got to be in the front seat with Kathy, they greeted cheerfully even though it was raining.

"Oh you know, mom said that I should bring the house keys," she said as she held up 3 keys in a chain & she puts it down at counter near the brake.

"Oh," I replied softly.

It was a car ride that you never expected it to be. Zachi & Ynah telling each other stories of their pasts & boy problems while Kathy & I kept quiet as the car music filled in the frozen silence. Ah, the usual topic of girls today.

"So wazzup with you? Going to a fancy party aye?" Kathy asked as she eyed my outfit.

"Nah not really. Just that I look fancy once in a while," I replied shyly as I giggled a little.

"You're pretty," Kathy complemented.

"Thanks," I replied happily.

We remained silent for the rest of the car ride to the mall, which is 30 blocks away.

Kathy is wearing a mint green long sleeved blouse with a pair of dark shorts & a pair of black sandals while Ynah is wearing a black The Vamps shirt with acid wash jeans & a pair of black flats.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

As soon as we got to the mall's parking lot, Kathy parked her car & we got out. As we entered into the mall, Zachi tapped my shoulder.

"Yeah?" I asked as I spun around to face her.

"Ynah & I are going to hang alone, if it's okay with you," Zachi said softly.

"Why? You didn't tell me & dad that you're going to meet up another friend," I replied as I feel concerned.

"Yeah I'm sorry. Just tell that we spent the day all 4 of us together," Zachi said as I turn around to Kathy for her answer. She nodded at me.

"Okay guys, we'll allow you. But next time, tell us ahead of time so that we'll already know okay?" Kathy asked the both of them & they nodded.

"Guys, meet us here at 9pm alright? Be safe," I said to the both of them.

"Alright!" they both said in unison as they're about to leave for their other friend.

After they left, we both head for McDonald's to grab a bite.

"So, how's you & Gabby?" I asked to Kathy cheerfully.

"We're alright. How about you &....," Kathy trailed off as she gave me a smirk & a wink at me. I knew who she meant.

We were at a line full of people & the place was almost jam packed as if were the successful version of S&R. As soon it's our turn to order, the lady wore a red blouse with black slacks & her hair was into a bun & was protected by a hairnet. She had a smile that a perky person would have.

"Hello! What would you like to have today?" she said in a cheerful tone.

Going over the counter to see what they have, I enthusiastically said, "One McSpicy meal with large tiramisu coke float & one double cheeseburger sandwich with large fries."

Kathy shot me a playful glare. Of course she wanted a burger, it's just that she had been dieting last summer & of course she hadn't  had a cheat day ever since.

As soon as Kathy gave $50 to the cashier, she said, "My treat."

It was when the cashier gave her the change & our orders are served when we had to be free from the squishing crowd. Finally we got our table as soon as the people left & the employees cleaned it. Then we finally sat down. Kathy sat at the opposite side of me while I sat at the couch.

"You didn't answer my question before," she began as she scattered our fries all over our tray & I put the ketchup. "How are you & Red?"

As I was thinking about what to say, I pondered it for a bit. What would I say to her about Red & me?

I finally told her that we fought last night & ended up having hot chocolate & talked about our pasts.

"Oh my gosh! Finally someone asked about it," Kathy said, feeling exasperated & relieved at the same time.

"I know, but we had a fight before that," I replied.

"Yeah but at least you got to know & he got to know. He's totally checking you out," she said with a wink.

"Ugh," I groaned. "Girl for the last time, he isn't------," Kathy cut me off.

"Come on Nathalia. Can't you give him a chance to check you out? I mean look at you. You're pretty, smart, funny, inspirational, & weird in a good way. And plus, you have a height of a model & a bikini body," she said it in a positive way.

"Well.....um....thanks," I replied, feeling my cheeks going red really hard.

"So you have to check him out too if you got time," she said.

"Yeah you're right," I said softly.

We ate our food & we had a good conversation. After that we got out of the crowded place & walked around the mall. We went to a bookstore because Kathy needed to buy a new novel.

We went to the bookstore & she got out Geisha while I browsed around the teen fiction & got Waterfall, Teardrop's sequel. We bought our books & got out & hung around the mall when our favorite store Tribal was in sale.

We went to Tribal & I bought a pink hoodie & a pair of distressed shorts while Kathy bought a black hoodie.

After that, we went around the mall. When it was 7:30pm, we headed at KFC for dinner. I ate the Crispy Cheese Chicken meal while Kathy got a large pack of Funshots to share with me.

After dinner, we went around for another hour. Then we met our sisters at the music store. They were looking at some music. They were with a friend who is smart & who looks good. She's skinny, has brown skin, & her black hair is in a fishtail braid. She's a Japanese that looks good in cardigans. I knew that girl from Zachi's former school. It's Hailey Inoue, the girl who is always friendly to me everytime I'm around. She's wearing a blue Hollister shirt hoodie, blue jeans & a black pair of Converse.

"Hello Nathalia," she said. In an instant, I already recognized her voice.

"Hey," I replied with a smile.

Zachi & her friends are having a good conversation with us while we were hanging around the mall. It was 9pm & we all had to leave.

"My mom's already there to pick me up. Bye guys!" Hailey said.

"Bye!" we all said in unison as we parted ways to go to our car & drive home.

On the way home, Kathy asked, "Did you enjoy our day out?"

"Yeah!" Zachi & Ynah said in unison.

Until we were home we had a good conversation. Now it doesn't feel awkward anymore.