Chapter 36

Morning happened in a blink of an eye as soon as I woke up at 5:30am. The sunlight hitting on my window all the way against me so that I could notice that it had been up already. My hair being messed up & I already knew that I was in a dream.

I went to my usual routine in the morning. This time I was wearing a short white halter dress with orange medium sized flowers played all  over it that was 2 inches above the knee & some white sandals that my mom had delivered to me last year & a black fedora to complete my look. I fixed my stuff & put them in my usual Jansports backpack & went down.

The moment I arrived the kitchen table, the environment became dull & silent. I came up to my dad & kissed his cheek.

"Good morning Nathalia," he said in a cheerful deep tone.

"Morning dad," I replied cheerfully.

Today's breakfast is bacon & cheese omelette. I loved that ever since I was 11 years old. Everyone had a great breakfast. We left the house in full stomachs.

"Come on kids, I'll ride you over to school," dad said.

"Yay!" all of us said in unison.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Pretty much soon, the car was even deadlier than the house because of that same silence. Then all of a sudden, Zachi broke the silence.

"Nathalia, someone returned my notebook yesterday," Zachi said as if she's going to blush.

Since my right earphone is out, it was easy for me to hear her the only one talking.

"Zachi, we can talk about this in school later okay?" I said in a gentle way.

"Okay," she muttered softly.

The rest of the car ride seemed dead.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

6 minutes after I arrived in school, I went to my locker. Not much has been there but a few books & a Green Apple notepad. When I closed my locker door, Kathy was there, leaning on her locker, arms at her chest. Her expression seemed to be unreadable. She's also wearing a short summer dress but it's a mint green one & had a pair of brown sandals. I know she didn't want to be girly, but she doesn't give a damn because she can wear whatever she wants.

"Hey Natalia," she said, finally smiling.

"Hey Kathy," I replied as I came over to hug her.

She returned the hug. And I pulled away after last 5 seconds.

"So, I heard that Riley's having a party next Saturday. I heard that he's giving flyers as invitations so I got 5," she said excitedly.

"What? No way. I thought you hate parties," I said.

"Not as long as you guys are going, I'm in," Kathy said excitedly.

"OMG!" I squealed.

We squealed til Gabby & Matt came in. Kathy gave us one each of the invitations. She insisted me to give one more to Red so that if I could see him, I'll give it to him.

"Hey," Gabby said as he came to hug her at the back.

"Hey," Kathy replied blushing.

"Is that Riley's party?" Matt asked, feeling confused.

"Yeah, why?" I said gleefully.

"I might have plans on that day," he said.

"Oh okay," I muttered softly.