Chapter 19: The Person in the Frame

The chilling wind blew past the gloomy ground as the werewolf stood alone on the tall tower.

He surveyed the land, just as he did for the past thousands of years.

On the other side of the castle, perhaps due to the werewolf's wounds, Gu Ting Yu's condition had began to recover progressively.

Occasionally, the man would wake up from his dreams and doze off promptly as he was still too weak.

He lost cout of the number of days and nights that had passed, however, whenever he was awake, he never once sas the werewolf.

"You're awake?"

At dawn, the housekeeper opened the huge French window, allowing sunlight to shine through the glass panels.

"It's a good weather today, would you like something to eat?" The housekeeper asked softly.

Gu Ting Yu shook his head to refuse. Every time he woke uo, the elderly housekeeper would appear by his side, taking care of him. He appreciated those actions gratefully.

"It'll be good if you could get yp and exercise a little," said the housekeeper as he poured a cup of aromatic red tea for Gu Ting Yu.

"Thank You."

"The wardrobe is just there. Wear whichever clothing you fancy. Those belong to the master... oh, would you like some sugar to go with?"

"No, it's fine, thank you." Then he suddenly remembered something as he urgently added this question, "When my head was all muddled up, I think I heard someone mentioning something about Bai Zhi Ao, he said that-"

"Yes, it's true." The housekeeper smiled as he continued, "When the Evil Source vanishes, the contract that was placed on all the Sacred Beasts will be dissolved. When that time comes, Bai Zhi Ao will be revived."

Hope lit up in Gu Ting Yu's eyes, but he failed to notice the worry beneath the housekeeper's smile.

When the Evil Source vanishes... that's just impossible... moreover, if this humans leaves the [Palace of Bloodthirst], that means our master wil...

The housekeeper consoled himself as he shook off the thoughts---ever since this human had appeared, master had been more like a human.

"Get changing then, I'll go prepare breakfast." The housekeeper closed he door behind him.

Gu Ting Yu got off the bed and headed for the wardrobe.

The wardrobe contained all sorts of luxurious and exquisite attires. The arrays were sized slightly bigger than Gu Ting Yu but the material and workmanship were definitely top-class.

Gu Ting Yu began to wonder what the owner of these outfits looked like.

He chose a simple white blouse decorated with velvet feathers.

As he was about to close the wardrobe, Gu Ting Yu noticed an exposed corner at the bottom of the wardrobe. Before he evem though about it, he pulled out the item that was hidden.

--It was a wooden picture frame.

Based on how it looked, the frame had been hidden away for a long time as a thick layer of dust coated the surface.

Gu Ting Yu didn't know what got into him; if it was the past him, he would definitely have put the frame back to its original place. He had rarely beem concerned about others, but now, he thought that this picture frame must be related to the wardrobe's owner.

He gently wiped off the dust, revealing two lively, smiling faces.

In that picture, the attractive young man had light grey hair. He was hugging a young lady in a violet dress. The young couple was smiling so warmly as if they could melt away the mid winter's snow.

Just then, the door opened as the housekeeper came in with a tray holding breakfast.

He couldn't hide his surprise when he saw Gu Ting Yu clad in that outfit, holding that picture frame.

In that moment, the housekeeper thought he saw his master from a thousand years ago; the white blouse was his master's favorite outfit.

"You..."

Gu Ting Yu looked doubtfully at the housekeeper's reaction, then turning the frame in his hands to show the housekeeper.

"Who are they?"