CHAPTER MORE: Let's Try This

Shane knocked quietly on the smooth, brown wood, calling for Ryan to let him in.
"Bab-I mean... Let's just talk about this alright?" He pressed his ear to the cold door, trying hard to hear what was going on on the other side. After a couple quiet moments, the sandy blonde finally heard the raven walk towards the door. He stood up before Ryan opened the door, so he wouldn't fall over. That would be embarrassing.
Shane was met with a tear-stained, puffy face and felt his heart shatter into millions of pieces. Before he could stop himself, his arms were wrapped tightly around the smaller's waist, bringing him to the taller mans skinny chest.
Ryan completely lost it then, breaking down into sobs as he fell into the others frame, knees buckling. Shane decided to bring themselves down to the floor, heaving the crying man onto his lap and bringing a hand to run through Ryan's hair.
After 10 minutes of rocking back and forth and quiet shushing from the taller male, Ryan finally was able to quiet his sobs, but tears still streamed down his red cheeks.
"What's wrong, Ryan?" Shane asked in a consoling tone. Ryan sniffed, wiping his tears and began his explanation.
"I- I had to br-break up with Helen because- because she w-was cheating on me with A...Ashley. And then, you were- you started-"
Ryan was cut off by a bombardment of apologies from the other male, who started gripping him tighter as if he feared the raven would leave him.
"No-no, it isn't your fault. I didn't stop. I didn't- I wanted to- I didn't want to stop you, but now you- you're probably regretting it and we should've ended it there but I- we came here and we did... IT and now you probably hate me and it just- it shouldn't have happened. I'm sorry."
Ryan cut off his rambling by starting to pull back from Shane's embrace, but was pulled tighter into the taller mans warm chest. Ryan sighed, too exhausted from crying to protest and the room they had somehow migrated into was filled with silence.
Shane opened his mouth and closed it multiple times before he found the right words, "...Ryan."
He lifted the raven's chin, allowing himself to make eye contact with the other. Ryan searched the beautiful, brown eyes before him desperately for any sign of regret or hatred and, to his relief, found none.
"Ryan, I don't hate you. I could never hate you. I mean, that's as realistic as me believing in ghosts. Like- heh- In fact, I'm actually in love with you, so it's quite the opposite of that... But, I mean, you're straight, so I understand if you don't- uh- love me or anything- and that's fine! That's perfectly fine. I mean as long as we're still friends..."
Shane gulped, deciding that his rambling was unnecessary and probably annoying. He looked away in embarrassment, sliding a hand through his disheveled hair and beginning to retract his hands.
Before he could successfully remove his hands from Ryan's waist, warm, strong hands brought them back to their previous position. Shane's eyes darted back to meet Ryan's, eyebrows hitched up into surprise.
"I love you, too? I mean- Well, I'm not sure, but I- We can... Let's try this- if you want," Ryan rushed out, beginning to look unsure of his words. To his immense relief, he was met with a toothy grin from his
lanky friend. Ryan giggled to himself before leaning in for a quick peck, then deciding he wanted more, sealed his lips over Shane's.

Ryan shot up in his bed, causing the soft white covers to fly off his mostly naked body. Cold air stung his bare chest and legs and he held down a shiver. Thank god it was a dream... although he found the ending pretty nice.
Holy shit! That means maybe Helen didn't- Ryan's thought was cut short when he looked over to the other side of the bed, expecting to see his gorgeous not-lesbian girlfriend, but instead found a tall bare-chested man passed out on the pillows. Before he could comprehend what he was doing, he was out of bed, flying down the stairs and out the door. He collapsed on his knees on the wet grass of his front lawn, chest heaving as he fought down panic and tears.
This all meant that it was real. It all happened. Helen was lesbians with Ashley (@parker). He had sex with Shane. Holy fuck he actually had sex with Shane. Oh no oh no oh no. And worse, it was actually really good. Better than Helen.
Ryan let out a panicked whine, bringing his head down into his hands and curling his nails into his raven hair. He had to get out. He had to leave. He could not face Shane after everything that just happened. There was no way in hell that he would ever be able to confront Shane.
But he had to. The first episode of Buzzfeed Unsolved Supernatural Season 3 was being shot tomorrow.
"FUCK!" he wanted to scream at the top of his lungs. He wouldn't though, so instead, hopped in his car and headed who knows where. All he knew was that he needed space and time to think. Away from home. Away from Helen. Away from Shane