Chapter 25: Another Chance

Luki’s POV

Before I was completely pulled by Mom I mouther words to Hanon-chan

“Don’t worry. I love you”

Just to assure her nothing bad is going to happen. I won’t allow it.

Just when we reached the gate Mom stopped and so did me and Shizuri-san.

And it seems Hanon-chan and Auntie and Uncle followed us.

“Tadaima, Oji-san… and Dad”

“R-Reo…”

“Reo? Dad?” mukhang naguguluhan sila. Well, half of them. After all the only ones who knew that Dad was still alive was me, Uncle Charles and Oji-san.

“Reo-kun…” –Auntie Katarina

“Katarina-chan it’s good to see you again. And of course, Chiisa… I missed you ^___^”

“R-Reo… how…”

“I will explain, but first let’s get inside. It’s already night time. Charles?”

“Yeah, let’s get them inside. Cristin, Katarina, come…”

Then we headed inside and sat down in the living room. It seems like Auntie Sheila got to put Ginny to sleep so she prepared some snacks and drinks then sat down with us.

“So I guess we’ve got a lot of explaining to do, right Charles?” -Dad

“I guess so… but first, is this her Luki? Is this Hanon-chan you kept talking about?”

“Yes Dad ^____^”

“Well, you were right. She is indeed beautiful. And she does have honest and warm eyes. You picked a great girl ^____^”

“Thanks Dad ^_____^”

“Reo… how are you still alive?” –Mom

“Right that… well… actually I need to apologize to you. The truth is I asked Shimon and Charles to fake my death”

“Why?!”

“I had a gambling problem. 2 weeks before I fake dead, I lost 80% of the money in the company and I lost it to the Kitsuo group. We had an underground poker match and Mato Kitsuo, the owner the Kitsuo group was there. And unfourtunately I lost to him. On the last match, we betted the company, I was a bit drunk that night that I agreed. But I lost. The next day I went to Charles and I told him what happened. I felt ashamed and scared. What was I going to do? You were pregnant, we were going to start a family and then I went and lost the company. Charles agreed to help me pay my debts so we were going to merge the company but then 2 weeks later, Mato sent a death threat saying he was going to kill me and you if I didn’t hand over the company. I couldn’t let that happen. So me, Charles and Shimon thought of a plan to get me out. That time Shimon was the personal body guard of the vice president, Masuri Kitsuo, the younger sister of Mato. She was in our plan as well. She told us that Mato was planning to sent his men to kill me the next day to prevent Charles and my company merging. So, to stop that, that night we arrange to fake my death, we brought a dead body from a hospital gave it a plastic surgery to look like me, dressed it up put a knife to it’s heart and left it in my office. We had to mess my office to look like a struggle then we pain the hospital to say it was me. Then Shimon and Masuri-san helped get out of the country and changed my name and help me start over. But little ol Charles here drop his pin, his company pin so it looked like he had me killed”