CHAPTER EIGHT

I woke up the next day, and I didn’t hear, the annoying sounds I’d hear everyday, I went down and saw no one preparing breakfast or watching television, so I grabbed a box of corn flakes, poured it into my bowl, opened the fridge and grabbed the box of milk and poured it into my bowl, I poured some milk into my glass too. So as I sat down, I looked around me, I was all alone, and then I realized that maybe this is how I’ll be when I die, all alone with no one to talk to but myself, maybe that’s the thing that’s waiting for me and this is just a practice just so I could get used to this lifestyle. I heard a knock on the door, so I got up and opened it, I was hoping it would be Mom or Phoebe maybe, but it was Chloe and Ender, “We’re here” said the twins

“I see” I replied

“Should we go now?” asked Ender

“Maybe I should get dressed first, do you think?” I said

“Okay” said Ender and they both laughed as they looked at me from head to toe

So I got dressed and went down, and as to my expectation, I saw Ender and Chloe playing video games and arguing at who’s better at it, as they would always do.

“Hey, I’m kinda ready right now but… I guess you guys are still busy, so I’m gonna go finish my breakfast, okay?” I said

“Yeah, sure, whatever” said the twins

I laughed and went to the kitchen to finish my bowl of cereal. And I thought to myself, maybe it’s because I was late and that’s why they left, maybe I wasn’t supposed to be late but since I was, I get this as a punishment. To be honest, I think Phoebe’s way of punishing me is way better than this shit happening to me right now. So anyway, I went back to the living room, and I heard a yell “YES, I WON, FINALLY, YOU LOSE HAHAHAH” It was Chloe, I didn’t expect her to be so happy that she won and her brother didn’t, they’re just total opposites but at that moment they were exactly identical, see Ender hates losing, he loves to win and win and win, and Chloe is just like Ender, she hates the taste of defeat, she wants to bathe in her victory. “Congratulations” I said with a smile

“Thank you, Charlie” said Chloe

“I just gave you a chance, because you always lose, and I wanted you to feel like a winner sometimes” said Ender confidently

“Oh really now?” asked Chloe

“Oh really”

“Ha-ha-ha-ha, you just accept the fact that I won and you lost”

“Well I can’t accept the fact that my family is still not here” I said

“Oh” said them both

“Well, let’s go” said Ender

Chloe immediately agreed and I quickly grabbed my jacket, and then headed off to the car, to be honest, I don’t know where to find them at all, I can’t think of any other place that they might be, where the hell could they be? Ender began to drive, I didn’t know where he was taking us, so I asked “Where are we going, bro?”

“Somewhere” he replied

“That really doesn’t help” I said back

“Trust me, bro”

“I do”

“Then relax, we’ll find them, don’t worry, okay?”

“Okay, bro”

“Good”

Chloe was completely silent, maybe Ender was actually not her twin brother, and he’s a murderer, like in chainsaw massacre, maybe he’s kidnapping us but I just don’t know about it, and because of my desperate measures, I now am thinking that my best friend ever since I was a baby is a murderer, I still didn’t know where we were going though. And then I noticed a sign that said “Have the SLIDE of you life” we were obviously going to a water park, I grabbed my nebulizer because I was feeling like I can’t breathe no more, Chloe was smiling at Ender, and Ender’s grin on his face is wider than ever, I figured that we weren’t going to find my family at all, it’s their plot just so that I could have fun, I think their not telling me something, maybe my family is dead and they don’t want me to find out about it. As we arrived at the entrance, I saw no one, none at all, the place was empty, which is quite impossible to happen, I mean it’s one of the most famous water parks here in L.A., then as we got out of the car, “SURPRISE” party poppers, confetti’s, and balloons were everywhere. Finally I saw my Mom, Dad, Phoebe, Earl, Rhean, Robbie, Maddie and Franz, I even saw Dad’s wife, Patricia, and Mom’s husband, Frederick, just when I thought I’d never see them again, and now they’re here, I was completely shocked, though Ender and Chloe wasn’t, they’re all in the plan to scare/surprise me, but there is one problem, it’s not my birthday, so I told them “It’s not my birthday”

“We know” said Phoebe

“Then what’s this?” I asked

“A party” she replied

“Obviously, but why did you guys throw a party for me?”

“Because maybe you’re not gonna have the energy to enjoy you’re 17th birthday next year because of you’re cancer, so we decided that while you’re still young and a little healthy with lots of energy and while your doctor says it’s okay, we’re gonna celebrate it, so suck it up ”

“Did you guys have to go away?”

“Oh yeah”

“Could you just thank us for doing this?” said Rhean

“Okay, okay, thank you guys; you’re the best at fooling me”

“You’re really gullible” said Franz

“I know”

“Let’s enjoy the party” exclaimed Chloe

“Alright”

So the water park party began. My family actually invited my elementary friends, even though I didn’t have a lot of friends, I saw Derek Montero, “Hi, Charles, long time no see”

 “Er… Yeah, Derek” I replied, Derek was much of a popular guy back in the days, though he always hung out with me and Ender, practically because I saved him from drowning in second grade, I also saw Lesly Miller, she’s been my friend ever since third grade, she’s nice and kind of like me, I look up to her as my sister, Hector Johnson is here too, he’s the nerdiest kid in school, but now he looks like a Gap model, and of course Nina was here, after insulting, pushing and bullying me, she finally treats me like a true human being, and I am so touched to be honest. Everyone was having the time of their lives, I shook hands with everyone I saw, and then it came to me, I promised William from chemo that I’ll find out why people shake hands when they meet each other, I gotta find a brief explanation of that hand shake thing, and I don’t think Google would help, Oh if only I had Hermione Granger to help me out with these kind of difficult questions, I got to hand it to you, she’s definitely smarter and better than Google, no offense though. Suddenly Ender came to me, he was soaking wet and then he asked me “Where’s your phone?”

“In my pocket”

“Your wallet?”

“In my back pocket”

“Give ‘em to me”

“Why?”

“Just give them to me”

“Here” I said as I handed him my smart phone and wallet

“Is there anything else in your pocket?”

“Not really, just my handkerchief”

“Good” he said and then he pushed me to the pool

As I landed in the pool, I felt like Percy Jackson, like I am a son of Poseidon, God of the sea, earthquakes and hurricanes, though I can’t really last 7 minutes under water like Percy Jackson, so I got up and grasped for air, I saw Ender laughing like an idiot he is, Chloe was at my back and she hugged me, I turned around and said to her “I could kill your brother” she laughed and said “You have my blessing” we both laughed and I looked at her, she was having really fun and I intend to have fun too, but Ender, I could just kill that guy.