Late night drives and long talks.

I went home and got in the shower, which really didn't help my burn at all. I got out of the shower and treated the burn then wrapped it. I threw on this outfit: 

I felt really tired so I went to sleep

Timeskip:

I woke up at around 11:00 PM and went downstairs to see my mom drinking in the living room. I tried my best to sneak past her so I could grab something to eat and drink. I successfully got the food and drink and ran back up to my room to eat. When I was finished I went back downstairs with my dirty dishes to wash them. I walked into the kitchen and saw my mom smoking and talking on the phone half asleep. I rolled my eyes and washed the dishes, I turned back around and the phone was hung up but the cigarette was burning. I picked it up and put it out. I went to walk out when my mom grabbed me and turned me around. 

"You know, what you did this morning in front of that boy was unacceptable?" She growled. 

"Why are you bringing this up now?" I questioned with curiosity. 

"Because I felt like being relatively nice." She slurred. 

"Mom, you're drunk." I stated while trying to take her hands off my shoulders which ended in her squeezing very hard. 

"Get your hands off me, please." I asked. 

"You seriously need to learn to respect your mother." She slurred angrily. 

"I'll respect you when you get sober." I spat. 

"Seriously, shut the hell up Amber, you have no respect for anyone. All you do is hang around with a group of pathetic kids who can't defend themselves." She scoffed.  

"They are more family than you!" I cried as I shoved her off and ran out the door. 

"Don't bother coming back!" She slurred. 

I ran for what seemed like forever and neared the drugstore. I decided to go in and grab a pack of gum. I came out and sat on the curb, I heard the familiar sound of a certain Pontiac Firebird and looked over to the drugstore and watched Henry go in. I walked over to his Pontiac and leaned against it, not even 5 minutes later he came out and I rubbed the tears away. 

"Amber? What the hell?" Henry asked. 

"Nothing I will tell you later, but do you know where I could stay?" I asked. 

"I have no fucking clue. Why are you leaning on my car and why are you even out this late?" Henry asked. 

"I got into a fight with my mom okay?" I told irritated. 

"Get in." Henry said plainly. 

"Where are we going?" I questioned as I got in the passenger's seat.

"On a long drive, away from here." Henry notified pulling out a pack of cigarettes and a bottle of water. 

We drove for what seemed like hours, which it probably was. I watched as the scenery sped past us. The radio was turned up just a bit. I turned over to look at Henry who was smoking. I took the cigarette and inhaled the smoke into my lungs, "Since when do you smoke?" Henry quizzed.  

"Since my mom started leaving lit cigarettes in the ashtray." I shrugged. 

"Jesus, how long is this going to take?" I question. 

" I said that I was driving away from Derry, even if is only for a night." Henry informed. 

"Thanks, I guess" I thanked. 

"No problem." Henry stated flatly.  

We pulled into the grass and I noticed we were at a lake. I got out of the car and walked over to the water, I looked back to see Henry looking for something in the car. I turned back to the water and heard Henry walking over. He laid put the balled up blanket in the grass and sat down. 

"Do you want to talk about anything?" Henry asked. 

"What's there to talk about?" I questioned looking over at him. 

"Your home life." He Pressed. 

"I can't believe you would bring that up now! I would think that you would know how my home life is!" I exclaimed. 

"Fine." I growled getting up because I didn't want Henry to see me crying. 

"My mom is a prostitute with mild alcoholism, and sometimes if I do something or say something bad I get slapped or punched!" I Cried shakily. 

"My dad died when I was 12, and I am practically left to fend for myself when my mom is not at the house, which is nearly all the time." I continued to sob. I heard footsteps and turned around saw Henry standing there with a saddened face. 

"The boys are like a family I never had." I exclaimed. 

"Are you fucking happy with yourself?!" I exclaimed angrily as I began to pound on his chest while sobbing. He didn't stop me but instead pulled me into a bone-crushing hug, "My home life's not too great either." He whispered while hugging me. We both sat down in the grass with the blanket wrapped around us and fell asleep.