Chapter 3

The very next day, after school, I end to the drama room to prep up for my auditions. The play that my school is doing is Romeo and Juliet. I absolutely love Shakespeare. I auditioned for being one of Capulets. After everyone went to audition. We all waited for the judges, which was the M counselor, assistant principal, and the theatre teacher. They all came out and told us that parts will be hanged up after school the next day at the Performance building. We all nod and walk out. I walk home and see that my father was home too. I open the door seeing my father working on some papers.

"Hey dad."

"Hey Arianna."

"Aria."

"What's wrong with Arianna?"

"Nothing, I just like Aria better."

"Suite yourself."

I go to the refrigerator and see a salad already prepared. Their was a sticky note on the salad.

Enjoy! -Mom

I smile and pull out the salad and start to eat it.

"How was auditions?"

"Good."

"Juliet?"

"No, just a Capulet."

"Why?"

"I wanted others to get a chance on being the star. They could never because I was always the star."

"That's very nice of you."

Then a phone rings. It belonged to my father.

"Hello? Yes. Of course. Make sure that Mary gets those papers and leave them on my desk."

I left my father to talk to whoever was talking to him. I walk to my room and jumped on my bed. I decided to take a nap. I drift to sleep while I heard the talking of my father on the phone.

The next day, after school, I see a bunch of people looking at the results of the auditions. Many people congratulated me while a few people looked very mad at me. I didn't know what was going on, but once I looked at the results and saw my name by Juliet. I was going to  be Juliet! But I didn't even audition for her. Weird. Then I look at who Romeo is. Luke Spade. I know Luke. He is known to be another "golden child". He is the favorited boy student while for me, the girls. Then I heard a male's voice.

"So, your my Juliet?"

I looked at him and see Luke.

"Yeah. Don't get to attached."

"Haha, I hope I won't."

"Oh, how is your girlfriend?"

"You know how she is. Rude. But I still love her."

"Got it."

"Have a boyfriend?"

"Still a single pringle."

"How? You are the favorited female student ever. You safe beautiful, smart, good at sports, good at theatre, good at art and music. You are  good at everything."

"I turned down so many guys and felt bad for them. One of them was Jonas."

"Oh yeah, Jonas. Star football player."

"I wonder why you aren't."

"Because I just wanted to stick to offense."

"Got it."

"I better go now, my Juliet."

"See you on the other side of the wall, my Romeo."

We both laughed as he walked off. I also start to walk back home. As usual, Margo jumps all over me and I see that my father is still working and my mother cooking.

"Honey! What part did you get?"

"Juliet."

"Good job. Didn't you audition for a Capulet."

"Yeah, but I got Juliet."

"Weird. Anyways I made cupcakes."

"Thanks Mom!"

I take one and go to my room. I open the wrapper and smell the red velvet and the vanilla frosting. So sweet. So pure. This cupcake contains sweetness that no corruptive matter can destroy the innocence of this single cupcake. But it can get ruined physically. I eat the cupcake and threw away the wrapper. I then knew that I had no projects or homework and I took a nap. I drift off to sleep hearing the stove and microwave being in use of my mother.