Chapter 8

I wake up in my room. I looked around and my head started to hurt.

"Dad?"

I got out of bed.

"Yes? Is everything alright?"

"Where's Mom?"

"Making lunch."

"LUNCH?!"

"Yeah."

"Wow, I slept for that long?"

"Unbelievable, right?"

We both laugh. I was confused on what happened. My mother died. Maybe I was dreaming.

"By the way, why did you ask where Mom is?"

"Because she is dead."

"She didn't die, silly."

"But she did."

"Nope. You were probably dreaming."

"Yeah, I guess so."

"Look, I gotta go."

"Okay, bye dad."

"Bye Arianna."

My dad leave the room. I just sit there in bed then I fall back. Then I heard my phone ring. I went to pick it up and I saw Luke's name.

I'm on my way. -Luke

I widen my eyes. I get out of bed and start to get ready. Later, I wait outside for Luke. I see him and I wave at him. He drive up my driveway and I open the door. I get in the car and Luke smiles.

"Hey beautiful."

"Beautiful?"

"To cliche?"

"Yes."

We both laugh.

"Ready?"

"Ready is all I'll ever be."

Luke turns the wheel and drives backward. We head towards the movie theatre.

"A movie?"

"How do you feel about Jumanji?"

"OMG, I've always wanted to see that movie."

"Well, your wishes are coming true."

"Thank you."

I gave Luke a big hug and he hugged me back. We walked towards the theatre and we bought some snacks. We took out seat right after buying snack.

"If you get scared, then hold me."

"And why would I get scared in the movie Jumanji?"

"Maybe jump-scares of a tiger?"

"Maybe."

The movie started. The room turned black. Everyone turned their attention to the screen. We watched the movie and enjoyed it. I looked at Luke. He seems amazed. I laid my head on his shoulder. He looked at me as I watched the movie and he rested his head on my head. We just cuddled. It was nice. I'll admitted it again, I blushed. After the movies ended we stood up and left.

"How did you think of the movie?"

"I LOVED it!"

"Glad you did."

"Where too?"

"Do you like ice cream?"

"Who doesn't?"

We walked towards the ice cream shop. We order our ice cream cones. Luke got chocolate and I got birthday cake. We head to a table and we start to eat.