Chapter 11

"What do you say?"

"Jonas."

"I understand if you don't like me like that. I just wanted you to know that."

"I'll have to think about it. I just. There is so much emotion. I'm sorry."

I walk off. Jonas watches me as I walk off. I can tell he was a little sad. I was too. I think it is time. Soon, I'll have to pick.

My parents drive me home and then we ate spaghetti. It was good. Once done, I took a hot shower and got ready for bed. I jumped on my bed and grabbed my laptop that was on the other side of my bed. I opened it and I watched some YouTube videos. I stayed up for a while, watching a few videos. Eventually, I closed my laptop and laid my head on my pillow. I drifted to sleep.

The next day, I ran into Aiden. Except, he did see me. I saw a man with him. Apparently they were at the back of the school where normally Aiden takes girls for a make-out session. The man was slapping Aiden. I was terrified. The strange man saw me and I walked backwards. The man ran towards me.

"DAD! NO! LEAVE HER OUT OF THIS!"

Aiden run towards the man and tackles him.

"Aiden? What's going on?"

"RUN!"

The man punches Aiden and start to throw him on the ground. He continues punching Aiden. Aiden's face is drenched in blood. He starts to become unconscious.

"STOP!" I yell.

I run in and I punch the man. I stay to punch him also. He starts to become unconscious after a few punches and slaps.

"Aria?"

"Aiden, are you okay?"

"Yeah, Wait, are you?"

"Yes, I'm fine."

"Did you-?"

"I feel bad."

"That's my girl."

He leans in and kisses me. I heard a sound behind me and I turned to look. The man punched me in the face, then I fell to the ground.

"DAD!"

"Your girlfriend is tough."

"She isn't- i mean-."

"You really love her, don't you?"

"Just leave her out of this!"

"I can't let someone go when they know what I did to you."

"I'll smuggle all of the drugs that I can get, just don't hurt her."

"Do you think drugs is all I need?"

The man leans over me and puts his hand on my shoulder.

"DON'T TOUCH HER!"

Aiden tackles the man and punches him continuously. I get up feeling awful after being punched. I looked over and saw Aiden with bloody knuckles and looking down at the man.

"Did you-?"

"He is unconscious. Let's go."

He grabs me and carries me in his arms. He carries me to the nurse's office.

"What happened?"

"Someone punched her."

"What about you?"

"I'm fine."

"I'll help her, then you."

From what i heard, I rested and Aiden got bandaged up. I woke up from the splitting headache and saw Aiden.

"Aria, are you okay?"

"I think."

"I was worried about you."

"You were?"

"Yeah."

"Who was that man?"

"My father."

"And the drugs?"

He sighed.

"I smuggle drugs for him. I also save money to get him cigarettes and to save him from debt."

"That's horrible."

"I'm fine, I'm use to it."

"Aiden."

"It's fine, really, it's going to be okay now."

"No, it's not."

Aiden puts his hand on my cheek. We stare into each other's eyes. We lean closer and closer. We kissed passionately. We pull away.

"Aria, I want you to be mine."

"Aiden."

"It's fine, I'll give you time. I know Jonas asked you too."

I look deeper into his eyes.

"Just tell me when you figure it out, okay?"

"Okay."

I kiss him on the cheek and Aiden help me up. He helps me to get to class and then my mother took me home. Kendall, Maesi, and Emma were worried about me so I talked with them on the phone. We kept texting each other. I told them everything that happened. Except that Aiden was being abused by his father. I didn't want to tell them. So, I replaced the father with a random boy. I thought about everything that has happened. Every date. Every confession. Every memory. I couldn't believe all the drama and actions that happened. It's overwhelming. But not only I have to think about Jonas, but also Aiden. I have to think what I want. Who will be the one?