Chapter 03

As the police took Herb out the house in handcuffs I started calling Bibby but from my phone. I didn't trust his phone, I felt it might've been tapped. "Yoo" a deep raspy voice answered. "Herb just got arrested, y'all need to be careful I don't know what exactly I'm supposed to be saying but I was told to call you!" I jumped straight to the point. "Who's this? When he got arrested- aye meet me on the block!" He hung up without me even telling him who I was.

I put my hair in a bun, throwing on leggings Ugg's and a BAPE hoodie. I grabbed Herb keys and walked out the door getting in his car, I drove to my aunt block confused on wether or not that was the block he was talking about, it took me two and a half hours, I got fucking lost. I approached my aunt house and parked in front. A man noticed the car and started walking up to it. I begin getting out. "Aye walk and talk, and let's leave our phones in this car!" He told and we both dropped our phones inside on the seat.

We started walking the opposite direction where everyone was. "So what happened shawty?" He asked shaking his head. "My name is Eva not shorty but anyways, me and Herb was chilling when they swat team busted in and threw me to the ground holding me down, they tried arresting him but he ended up knocking out the officer who was holding me down and then bugged out telling them he knows what to do not to fucking touch him and he hugged me told me to call Bibby which is obviously you to let you know what's going on and that you'd be taking care of it." I said uncertain about the last part. He nodded his head "Aight, I got it. I know what this about.

We could head back now. I just need you to stay low, stay at yo aunt house. You good, he gon' be out real soon and while he gone you just call me if you need anything. That nigga would go crazy if I ain't make sure you straight. Oh also if anyone try some shit let me know for sure! Can't be no funny business while I'm handling this shit feel me— wait, did they show y'all a warrant?" He asked. I paused "now that I think of it they sure ass hell didn't!" He started laughing, "I bet Herb ass already on it about that but ima make sure I tell his lawyer. Ima call right now he said as he took his phone. "Remember what I told you shawty— I mean Eva, my bad it's a habit! I respect you, don't think I don't.

Herb my brother and trust me he wouldn't have it any other way." He nodded walking off. I sighed and went through the back door because I realized I didn't take my keys. I was kinda nervous with the back door being broke so I pushed two dressers in front of the door so I could sleep somewhat peaceful. I fell asleep and it was nine in the morning, I was receiving a phone call. "Hello?" I mumbled. "You straight baby? You handled it?" Herb spoke. I knew it was him. How could i forgot his voice. I bounced up eagerly "Heyy!! Yeah I did it. It's getting handled. Where yo head at?" I asked sincerely. "Man, I'm chilling. Niggas know my name! But wassup wit you? Go see yo aunt and be productive today Eva! Ion want you in one spot for certain reasons aight?" He preached. I sighed "aight Herbie!" He hung up the phone. I didn't think he was just gon' hang up on me.

I walked to the bathroom started running the water and walked back downstairs to get a clean towel and rag when I noticed the dressers had been pushed a little. Probably some damn crackhead then I noticed the glass was broken so I started tip toeing back up the stairs to grab my boots and Herb keys. When all of a sudden I see Bibby sneaking to the bathroom, I didn't even scream. I quickly grabbed my shit and ran out the house. Fuck taking a shower and I'ma tell Herb too. First let me just worry about my aunt.

HERB POV
   I was walking away from the phones as two other prisoners walked behind me to protect me. I didn't even ask them to, but they know what I'm about to they would rather be with than against me. Let me remind you, my father was— is an all time drug dealer. You could say we're the black cartel. I walked to my bunk where my cellmate K.O was taking a shit. I sucked my teeth "aye your shit stank K.O!" I laughed waving the smell out my face.