Book 3 - Chapter 2

"I can't believe I let your ass talk to me into going out already! I only been out the coma for two damn days" Eva playfully laughed to her friend Karen.

"Girl you need to get out just this once before you go back to mommy mode!" Eva knew she was right, she was about to be all about Yosohn and herself. Herb was calling her phone "Hello?"

"Aye what days you want me to get Yosohn" he asked. Eva thought and scrunched her face. "You don't need a specific day Herb... you want to get him then just call me so I can get him ready. Just because we broke up don't mean I'm doing that half parent shit" Eva explained.

"Aight cool, I appreciate that. I'll give you a couple days, I'll come get him Monday after I pick up Milani." Eva sighed and nodded as if he could see her. "Okay."

———

As Eva and Karen swung there hips back and forth dancing to the music in the club someone tapped Eva shoulder. She quickly turned around "hey" a tall man stood over me.

Before I could get a word out he passed me a card. "I own this club, I need a bottle girl.... if you ever interested just call the number on my card." And just like that he walked away.

Me and Karen stood there confused. I slid the card into my clutch as I walked to the bar. "Can I get a shot of Patron" I asked going into my wallet to pay for it but there he was again. "Nah Kylie... for her, the drinks is on the house!"

He raised his glass smiling. I smirked not at all paying him any attention. I threw back the shot and shook my shoulders while scrunching up my face. "Woah, that baby was strong." The bartender Kylie laughed at me and nodded.

I smiled and walked away trying to find Karen but she was walking into a bathroom with some guy. I shrugged waving it off making my way back to the bar. "My friend just ditched me so another shot" I gave a small smile as Kylie poured a whole glass.

"Girl let loose" she said winking. "You seem a bit stressed" the club owner said making me turn around towards him. He was starting to annoy me now so I rolled my eyes pushing the glass back to Kylie walking away.

Why did he keep trying to speak to me if he see I'm not fucking interested. "Aye can I attests get your name" he ran up to me gently grabbing my arm. "Why would it be any use to?" I snapped.

He held up his hands in defense mode. "I'm just trying to make conversation, you're a beautiful woman, I'd love to introduce myself if you gave me the chance." I hesitated on shaking his hand as he held his left hand out.

"Eva... my name is Eva." He smiled as I gave him my hand to shake. He kissed on my hand placing his other hand over mine. "My name is Dezmond Jones but I liked to be called Dez." I smirked "nice to know, if you'll excuse me" I said trying to break away.

He yelled across the room "you cant run forever babygirl...." that sent chills down my spine. I wasn't interested in dating. I was thinking about taking his over on that bottle girl job though. Just for now to save up some money.

———

Herb took the spare key he had and opened Nala door. He went straight to his daughter room but she wasn't there so he looked around and Milani was no where to be found.

He walked into Nala bedroom and her shower was running "aye where Mila—" he stopped mid sentence covering his eyes. "HERB WHAT THE FUCK" Nala yelled covering her and Dave naked body.

Herb stormed out of the room, not mad just disgusted he saw another man piece. Nala sighed and got out the shower putting her robe on. "What the fuck Herb" she gritted through her clenched teeth. He stared at her like he was disgusted.

"Man fuck all that, where the fuck is my daughter? You in here being a hoe and I'm looking for—" he was cut off again this time by the back Nala hand. "First of all, Milani is with Jade! This is MY home where I pay the bills! Not you nor any other person, so if I want to fuck someone when my daughter is not home. I CAN DO JUST THAT AND IT DON'T MAKE ME HOE!"

Herb held on to his red tangly cheek and shook his head before grabbing Nala by her neck. "Get him the fuck out of here right now" he said so calm but in an aggressive tone of voice. Nala stomped her foot and stormed back into the bedroom where Dave was sitting on the edge of the bed fully dressed.

Nala frowned folding her arms. "You want me to leave" asked Dave. Nala lowly nodded her head. "Just to avoid drama, I don't feel like dealing with this shit right now plus I have to go pick up Milani anyway."

Dave nodded standing up. He kissed Nala on the lips passionately. "I had fun. Call me whenever you get the chance" he said grabbing his blazer as he proceeded out the door. Him and Herb made eye contact and Herb mugged him but Dave wasn't intimidated at all.

Nala remained in her robe as she locked the door behind Dave. "So this what you doing Nala" Herb fussed making Nala roll her eyes. "What's your problem? You're not my boyfriend... I'm single and can have sex with him if I want to. You acting crazy!"

He nodded his head rubbing his forehead. "Just get ready so I we can pick up my daughter man... you gonna make me trip." Nala waved him off "you going to make yourself trip, ain't nobody say nothing when you— never mind" she said ending the conversation.

she walked into her bedroom throwing on a pair of pink Victoria secret leggings &' matching sweater throwing on her uggs. She quickly placed her hair in a messy bun and grabbed her keys.

"Let's go" she instructed grabbing her jean jacket. He grabbed her shoulder before they walked out the door. "I got love for you, you do know that right?" Nala put her head down but he picked it up "right?"

Nala sighed and nodded "yeah but you can't do that... I dont know what's going on with you and Eva but every time y'all not good you come to me like as if I'm supposed to jump in your arms. If you not for me then just let me be, damn."

She walked out the door getting into Herb car. He sighed as he used his spare key to lock her house up. He hopped in the car and Nala placed her headphones in and stared out the window.

Herb thought hard about what Nala just said. It was true, when Eva and him was on bad terms dating wise he ran to Nala. Nala was his comfort but he quickly realized he can't treat her like that.

Nala remained close to Herb friendship wise but he still would try to go beyond that and she was tired of it. She just wanted something real now.

Vote
Share
Comment
Opinionsss