42. Disney

"No. He can't have my Olaf" Emma insists, clutching her snowman to her chest.

"Do you really have to put it through the scanner? Can't she just carry it through the metal detector?" Josh asks in annoyance.

"Sorry" the security guard replies. "On the belt" he says, pointing to the conveyer belt. I sigh, kneeling down in front of my daughter.

"Ems we are never going to be able to see Olaf in person if we don't get on this plane. I need you to let the man put him up there. You'll get him back in a few seconds" I assure her. She looks at me unsure but finally hands over Olaf, allowing me to place him in our bin of stuff before we move through the metal detectors.

We gather our things and I hand Emma back Olaf before we make our way towards our gate. "Plenty of time to spare" Josh smiles when we make it, handing over our tickets to the stewardess.

"Oh yea ten minutes is plenty of time" I laugh, taking Emma's hand in mine as we walk onto the plane. We find our seats, placing Emma between us. "Are you excited?" I ask Emma as I help strap her in.

"Yea. I'm gonna see Olaf" she replies making me chuckle as I sit back in my seat and nod.

"Yep. And you'll get to see the princesses" I add excitedly. "Which one are you most excited to see?"

"Rapunzel" Josh replies making me quirk an eyebrow at him. He shrugs. "She looks like you."

I laugh, shaking my head. "Mhm sure" I tease making him chuckle. "But I was talking to our daughter" I add as I turn my attention to Emma. "Which princess are you most excited to see?" I ask curiously.

"Anna" she replies. "Because I'm Anna and Lily is Elsa" she says making me chuckle.

"Oh yea?" Josh asks. "How did you come up with that?"

"I like Anna and she likes Elsa" she explains.

"Very scientific" I smile making Josh chuckle as the pilot comes over the speaker informing us that we're getting ready for takeoff. We all settle in our seats and Josh reaches across Emma and takes my hand in his. I shoot him a confused look but he simply smiles.

"You hate takeoffs" he explains. I look at him in shock. I remember telling him that a long time ago, before Emma was even born. We had been talking about traveling the world.

"So let me get this straight" Josh says, trying to hold in his laugh. "You wanna travel the world yet you literally hate flying?"

"I do not hate flying" I argue. "I hate the takeoff. It gives me anxiety and it gets my stomach all tied up in knots" I explain.

"So how do you expect to travel the world then?" he questions making a smile pull at my lips.

"I guess I'll just have to bring you and hold your hand" I reply making him smile as he leans in to kiss me.

"Consider me there" he murmurs as we pull apart.

He squeezes my hand. "I told you I'd always be here."

*************************************************************************************

"She's out" Josh says as he walks into the bathroom while I'm drying my hair after my shower. "I'm thinking when she gets up we'll go get some dinner and maybe go down to the beach" he suggests. I nod.

"I think that sounds perfect" I agree. "And we're getting up early tomorrow to take Emma to breakfast with the princesses" I add.

"Cool, we can head right into the park from there. I figure we can enjoy the park in the morning and afternoon and then head back here, get her down for a nap and then maybe get some other things accomplished" he smirks.