Gringotts and Diagon Alley

Harry started the next day returning the stolen items to their original owners. It was not a fun task.

A few weeks later, in mid-August, Harry set out for the Leaky Cauldron to get his school items, with Onyx around his chest to hide him.

The leaky cauldron was a small pub on the corner of the road. When he entered, everything became deathly silent.

"Bless my soul. It's Harry Potter!" The barman exclaimed.

"Is someone called Tom here?" Harry asked the barman.

"Yes. It would be me."

"Ok then. How do I get all of the things I need for Hogwarts?"

"Follow me, Mr. Potter."

Harry followed Tom to the alley behind the bar and, as a safety precaution, Onyx stick his head out of Harry's shirt. But Tom only tapped a few bricks and opened up an entrance to a large shopping district.

"You'll want to go to Madam Malkin's first, Mr Potter, to get robes, as they take a while. But, obviously, go to the bank too. It's called Gringotts."

"Thank you, Tom."

Harry made his way over to the large marble building with the word 'Gringotts' over it. On the door was an etched poem, reading;

Enter, stranger, but take heed
Of what awaits the sin of greed
For those who take, but do not earn
Must pay most dearly in their turn
So if you seek beneath our floors
A treasure that was never yours
Thief, you have been warned, beware
Of finding more than treasure there.

Enter, stranger, but take heedOf what awaits the sin of greedFor those who take, but do not earnMust pay most dearly in their turnSo if you seek beneath our floorsA treasure that was never yoursThief, you have been warned, bewareOf finding more th...

Harry thought it was cool and continued into the bank. There were small creatures everywhere. Harry walked up to one of them.

"Hello. Is this the place I can come to get money?"

"Well that depends, do you have a vault?"

"I don't know"

"Very well, I will get an inheritance test to see if you own any."

The thing shouted something in a strange language and another creature appeared next to the first one, with a sheet of parchment.

"Place three drops of blood onto this parchment and we shall see your vaults."

Harry took the needle offered to him and pricked his finger, letting three drops fall before sucking it to stop the blood. The blood began to spread and form words. It read;

---

Birth certificate (illegal adoption)

Harry James Potter
Mother: Lillian Rowena Potter née Evans
Father: Jamison Godric Potter
Godparent(s): Sirius Black (incarcerated)
Aunt(s)/Uncle(s): Petunia Dursley née Evans, Vernon Dursley
Cousin(s): Dudley Dursley