Basilisk

Hadrian's POV (again)

I woke the day after finding the Diadem feeling happy. The last item I needed was the basilisk venom. Father said to ask Salazar about it so that's what I'll do today. Find a basilisk and get its venom. Simple, right?

"Sal?"

"Yes, Hadrian?" came the familiar voice of Salazar Slytherin's portrait.

"Where can I find a basilisk?"

"Ahh, for that you need to go down to the chamber of secrets," he replied.

'Chamber of secr - The Chamber of Secrets! Didn't sal mention that at one point?'
"Sal, you told me at one point that your portrait could open into the ante-chamber of the Chamber of Secret, right?"

"That I did. Do you remember how?"

"Parseltongue, right."

"Yes, child."

"Open?"

The portrait swung open into a tunnel. Just as I was about to enter it though, Sal spoke up.
"Bring you're familiar with you. He may be able to help with this."

"Sure thing."
"Onyx?" I called out.

"Yes, master?"

"Can you come with me to see the Basilisk?"

"Oh! Are we going to the Snake King today?"

"Snake King?"

"A basilisk is the king of all snakes," Salazar added

"Oh," I said. "Well, let's go."

"When you get down into the study room, inside the statue, put my other painting on the wall will you?" Salazar asked.

"Sure."

-Mini skip to CoS-

As I entered the main chamber, that had a large statue of Salazar Slytherin, I asked Onyx how to get to the Basilisk.

"You must call for her. Say to the statue 'speak to me Slytherin, greatest of the Hogwarts four.'"

"Ah, I see. 'Speak to me Slytherin, greatest of the Hogwarts four',"
The mouth of the statue opened and the giant snake slithered out.
"King Serpent, I require your aid."

"Who is this that requires the aid of me?" it replies.

"Me, the heir of Slytherin, Hadrian"

"Well, Hadrian, do remember that I am not the king of Serpents, but the Queen. Now, what do you require my aid for?" she asked.

"I am curious as to if you will give me a few vials of your venom for potions and a certain ritual for my father. We need it to help him come back to us."

"I can definitely do that but, before I do, what was your father's name?"

"Tom Riddle."

"Tom? Oh, he was such a sweet master! Always giving me deer from the forest and such!" she reminisced. 

I sniggered. I am definitely using that as dirt on him.
"So, can you fill the vials?"

"Oh, yes. Bring them here and put them against my tooth."

I did so and she let out a steady trickle of venom, filling ten of the vials up for me.
"Thank you, queen. May I ask your name?"

"It is Rhea, Hadrian. It is rather fitting when I am currently mothering some Hatchlings."

"You have hatchlings? Wonderful! You won't be alone when I'm not here, I was worried."

With that, I left the chamber to go to Professor Snape. On my way, I ran into the Weasley squad, which consists of Weasley, Finnigan, Thomas and Longbottom.

"Oi, Riddle! What you think you're doing? Struttin' 'round like you own the place!" Weasley shouted.

'If only they knew,' I thought. "Well, Weasel, I don't see why it's any of your business."

"Of course it is. You're scumbag Death eaters!"

"Oh, you shouldn't have said that, Weaselby." I taunted.

"What you gonna do? Run to Snape? Get your mini death eater gang?"

"Do you really think I need them to completely overpower you?" I asked.

"What can you do? You're just a filthy snake." Thomas added.

"Stupefy!" Weasley yelled, but I dodged it. "Fight back then? Or are you just words."

"A demonstration then?" I said, turning to Longbottom and casting a powerful Flipendo. I then spun to Finnigan and cast a Petrificus Totalus. "Enough for you?"

"Stupefy! Expelliarmus! Petrificus Totoalus" He yelled out, madly waving his wand.

"Protego Maxima. Rictusempra." I cast lazily, causing Weasley to fall over in a fit of giggles. "Don't underestimate me," I said, then I looked over at Thomas, "Take them back to the Lion's Den. DON'T try to hex me or it will not be pretty." With that said, I went back down to my destination, Professor Snape's office. I knocked three times.

"Enter," came the voice of Professor Snape. After I walked in and shut the door, Professor Snape said, "Ah, Mr Riddle, to what do I owe the pleasure of meeting with you?"

"Well, you see Sir, there are a few things I would like to talk about. The first is about the Weasley boy and his cronies."

"What have they done this time?" He asked.

"They cornered me in a corridor and tried to use spells on me. I had to knock out Longbottom, body-bind Finnigan, and send Weasley into a fit of laughter. They'll probably run to McGonagall to say that I provoked them and started the fight so I came to you to explain it first."

"Ok then. What else did you need?"

"What is the current monetary value of a vial of Basilisk Venom, and can it be used in potions?"

"Why do you need this information, Hadrian?"

"Please Sir, I'll tell you after." I pleaded.

"Very well. A vial is currently worth between one to two hundred Galleons, depending on the purity of it. The venom can be used in many different, albeit dark, potions such as Barrufio's Brain Elixer, Bloodroot Draught and a Death Potion. I still don't see why you ask me this."

"Do you have any Basilisk Venom in stock?"

"Of course not! Do you think I'm made of money?"

"Well, I would like to gift you, as a late Christmas gift, four vials of pure Basilisk venom. Do with them what you will."

"I-I-How on earth did you acquire these?"

"I have my ways."

"Well, Hadrian, you best be on your way then. Don't want to be caught out of bed do you?"

"No, sir. I shall see you at Breakfast tomorrow then."

With a happy smile on my face, I walked back to the Slytherin Common room and spoke the password to the wall (Pureblood) and went off to bed, not before storing the vials in a pair of socks and penning a letter to Gringotts to see if I can sell them anonymously through the bank. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ALMOST END OF YR 1~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~