Hogwarts and Sorting Ceremony

As the train stopped, Hadrian and company made their way to the obnoxiously yelling giant of a man.

"Firs' years over 'ere! Firs' Years!"

Hadrian, Draco, Blaise, Crabble, Goyle and Pansy made their way over to the man, who ushered them to some boats.

"Four to a boat! Four to a boat! There's twelve o' 'em!

Hadrian, Draco, Pansy and Blaise got in one boat, whilst Crabble and Goyle were joined by that bushy-haired girl from the train and a ginger snob. The boats began to move forwards and after around five minutes, the giant man yelled "DUCK!", as the boats passed under an archway of stone and ivy. The Castle of Hogwarts came into view and it was calling out to him.

"Heir of the Founders. I welcome You..." A misty voice called out to him.

Everyone was confused. "Who is the founders' heir?" the ginger boy shouted.

Hadrian just sat there, a smug look on his face. The bushy-haired girl and Draco were the only ones that knew about his ancestry. The girl, Hermione was it? Yeah... Hermione has clearly not told anyone. Hadrian felt a large force rush over and into him. It was Hogwarts's magic entering into and accepting him.

"Draco, did you feel that?"

"No, what?"

"I felt a huge rush of magic going into me. Are you sure you didn't feel it?"

"I'm sure Hadrian."

"Weird"

Once they reached Hogwarts, they were brought in by a stern looking woman who introduced herself as 'Professor McGonagall'. She led the first years to the doors to the Great Hall. Before they entered the Great Hall, McGonagall said;

"The start of term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory and spend free time in your house common room.

'The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule-breaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the House Cup, a great honour. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours.

'The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting."

(Taken from HP Philosopher's Stone book)

After her speech, Professor McGonagall led them to the Great Hall.

"Form a line down the middle of the Hall." She said. They all did so and an old hat on a stool was brought out by an ugly old guy who looked menacing.

It began to sing.

"Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.
You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.
There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.
You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry Set Gryffindors apart;
You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuff's are true And unafraid of toil;
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
if you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;
Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folk use any means
To achieve their ends.
So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!"