Can We Talk?

Kimberly Alsina|

I walked into Nostalgeea. It was early, and the shop was nowhere close to open, but I wanted to talk to Geo.

I went down the stairs into the basement and could hear the voices filled down there. Must have been his employees.

"Nah she was all, ayo you got a lighter"

"No I didn't ion even smoke anymore, I quit!" Helen exclaimed

"When?" She asked him

"I quit like last week"

People laughed. I went into the room and it got quiet as everyone looked my way.

"Hi" I said awkwardly

"Ari girl how you been feeling?" Some random asked me

I backed away from her a luh bit.

"I'm cool"

"I just wanna hug why you actin scared?" She questioned tryna hug me but I backed up, "I don't know you, I'm sorry"

"I am Simon's little sister" her words slurred she had to have been drunk

"Stop tellin people you my sister" he grabbed her shaking his head

"This my sister's best friend, Dani. She hea cause she ain't got nobody to bring her crazy ass home"

"You want some water or anything?" I looked at Drew then shook my head

"No thanks" I seen Geo and went over to him

"Can I talk to you, in private" he was texting away on his phone

"Please?" I asked

He looked at me. I guess he was checking if I was forreal.

We went into his office and I seen him close the door and lock it.

"I'm sorry" I said

He sucked his teeth standing up straight when I stopped him.

"Wait Geo, dang I ain't even done and you already over it."

"I got you a present" I said holding a box that was wrapped.

"What is it?" He asked me

"You gotta open it here,take it" he took the box from me, and I stood there as he opened it up. He looked at it and pulled out the card.

He set the box down reading the card.

"Read out loud"

"Roses are red, violets are blue, you are my angel dust, and I love you"

I smiled, "okay now read the other part." I said holding his arm

He looked down at me and I let go apologizing.

"Join me for dinner tonight at 10?" He read

I smiled once he looked at me

"So what do you say? I'll explain everything"

He didn't respond. Instead he looked at the box to see what I got him. " he looked and let out a chuckle.

It was his keys,  and it was his. He lost it years ago. I'm talking still in high school type years ago. He swore he left it in my room, but I knew he didn't.

"I told you so many times Kim, so many times" he said

I laughed, "I swear I would've never found it. I seen it in the pocket of my favorite pans at my mama's house and died laughing"