Kiwi: Chapter Twenty Three

Pagdating namin sa dorm, Faye said na magimpake na daw si Kim because she received a text na the driver will pick them up later tonight.

"Biglaan naman tong si mommy" Faye complained

"Wag kana magcomplain, sumunod kana lang. I will fix my things rin para sabay na ako. I'll visit muna sina tita" Nick said

"Okay" Faye looked at me "Cindy, will you be okay? We will be leaving na mamaya"

"Faye? You will just go on vacation and we will see each other next next week"

"Worried lang ako kasi magiisa ka"

"I can handle naman. Don't worry na" I hugged her "pasalubong ko ha?" tumawa na lang siya

"Of course" she said. Then nagpaalam na sila ni Nick since magayos pa sila gamit. I looked around and wala na si Kim. Baka nauna na, bigla bigla na lang naman nawawala yon.

I went straight sa room kasi diba I have tons of things to do pa. I hurriedly fix my things because pag nakita to ni mom from heaven baka biglang magalit yun kasi burara na pala anak niya ngayon.

*beep*

I looked at my phone and received a message from Faye, alis na daw sila. I should go downstairs to atleast say see you soon. HAHAH. I hurriedly go downstairs and I can see that she's waiting.

"Where's my von voyage party?" She laughed

"Really?" I laughed and then I hugged her "comeback complete okay?"

"Of course I will"

I looked around and can't find Kim, "oh, where is he?"

"I think nauna na siya" Nick said. Wala na yung gamit niya sa room.

"Oh I see. Faye please take care, pasabi na rin kay Kim"

"Okay"

"And please enjoy"

"We will don't worry" she winked and sumakay na sila ni Nick sa car.

3 hours after umalis nina Faye, I received a text from Nick.

"From Nick?" I opened and he's asking me if I can talk to him even just for a minute

"Wait, I thought you're with Faye?"

"I just dropped her sa bahay and went back here. Can you please see me? I'm at the court"

"Oh, okay, wait"

I don't understand what's happening but hey? It's Nick, my friend. I should atleast go and see him even without Faye right? We will not do something naman to hurt her right?

When I arrived, I saw him sitting on a bench and having coffee.

"What are you doing here? It's 1 in the morning" I sat beside him and at the same time, he handed me another cup of coffee.

"I don't know if Faye will like this but I just want to spend some time with you. Just like before"

"I'm sure she will not like this, I mean, she will not like this if hindi mo sinabi sa kanya"

"I know sasabihin mo yan" he smiled

"Because that's the truth. So, bakit ka nga pala bumalik?"

"I just want to have a coffee with you. It feels like hindi na tayo naguusap lately, palagi kitang nakikita with Kim"

"Yun rin napansin ko but understandable naman and besides, we can see each other during lunch or dinner diba?"

"Pero iba pa rin yung before. Yung tipong ako una makakaalam ng whereabouts mo bago ang iba"

"Eh nothing's changed naman Nick" I smiled pero seryoso siya.

"Do you like him?"

"Hmm? Who?"

"C'mon, do I really need to drop his name?"

"Eh malay ko ba kung sino?"

"Kim" he looked at me and sipped his coffee "Do you like him?"

"What kind of dumb question" I laughed "of course, I like him as a friend"

"No, I mean, do you like him as a man?"

"Nick, I don't know what's going on, why you suddenly asking such questions?"

"Because I want to know"

"Why do you want to know?"

"Because I'm jealous" he blurted out. We looked at each other's shocked faces.

~silence~

"I'm sorry" He said "I can't help it. I feel so jealous kapag lagi kayong magkausap and magkasama. When I saw you both yesterday sa convenience store, it seems like you are talking about something, you're arguing, and God knows kung gaano ko gusto malaman yung pinaguusapan niyo"

"I'm sorry too Nick" I said "You know you are important to me but I cannot share with you kung ano napagusapan namin. It's between the two of us and.."

"I know and hindi ko naman pipilitin na sabihin mo sakin" he said. Seryoso siya.

"Thank you" I said then I looked at the time on my phone. Almost 2AM na. "Nick, I think you need to go, super late na, baka wala ka ng masakyan"

"Meron pa, 24 hours naman provincial bus papunta sa amin"

"I see, but I need to sleep"

He looked at me "okay" he smiled.

"Thank you" I smiled.

I was like 5 steps away from him then bigla niya akong hinigit. Nauntog ako sa collarbone niya

"Fudge, what are you doing?" I looked at him while holding my forehead and he was just looking at me with dreamy eyes. It was the first time na nakita ko yun kay Nick, I always saw his playful eyes kapag ako kaharap niya. But this time, I saw his dreamy eyes. "Nick?" I asked with a confused face.

"Cindy" he pulled me closer to him and put his forehead to mine. "I think I like you. I want you. How can I have you?" I don't know what to say. All I know is that, it's wrong.

"Please Nick, let me go" inalis ko yung forehead ko sa kanya and he looked at me.

"No, if you want, I can talk to Faye about our relationship. I can end it with her as long as you will be mine".

"But Nick" I looked at him in the eyes "please understand, I don't want you.I don't want to be with you"

"If you're only saying that because of Faye, I said, I can talk to her and.."

"No Nick, it's the truth, I don't want to be with you. I like someone else and I only like him"

"Okay" he said. I looked at him and medyo teary yung eyes niya. "I understand. Thank you for clearing it up"

"I'm sorry" I said and he smiled "You have Faye now, love her forever because she really loves you so much. Don't waste her love just because you feel something towards someone. Don't do this to Faye"

He hugged me again and whispered "but please know that though I have Faye, I also care for you so much"

"I know" I hugged him "and thank you"

He nodded and let go of me

"I think I need to go first?" he asked and smiled.

"Okay. See you soon"

"See you soon" he pinched my cheeks.

After umalis ni Nick, hindi muna ako pumunta sa dorm, I need to breathe like fuck~ If Nick did that nung time na like na like ko siya, masasaktan ko si Faye sa mangyayari. But guys, anong gagawin ko? Confession should be clear but rejection must be clearer. It's not because of the fact na Faye is here. The real reason is, I like someone else. I can't take me eyes off of him, I wanted to be with him but I can't. I can't have him.

'<:<>