twelve: the flare

REBELDE.
chapter twelve: the flare

❝i've got a fire for a heart,i'm not scared of the dark

i've got a fire for a heart,
i'm not scared of the dark.

The trek was harder than Rosalie had expected

Bellamy was relentless in getting to the ship, so much so that it almost felt like he was trying to leave Rosalie behind. He would step behind a tree, she would follow, and he had suddenly disappeared once more. He wasn't holding her arm, or checking in to see if she was still there. There was no talking, not even a sentence. Sometimes, though, he would glance back briefly very briefly- and then turn around once more to continue his steady pace.

She thought he was slowing his steps for a moment and she felt relief, however once she stepped behind the same tree he had a second before, he had vanished.

Rosalie skid to a stop, her lungs aching as she breathed in deeply. "Bellamy?" She called. No answer. She spun around, checking for any movement in the wilderness, but saw nothing. He had ran off with her.

"Dammit," she cursed under her breath before she began sprinting through the greenery once more, this time by herself, and chasing a man with bad intentions.

She ran for so long in one direction, she started to think there was no way she was going to get back. She was too far out with no supplies, and all of the zig-zagging Bellamy had done before had thrown her off. She paused, her heart pumping intensely in her chest. She held her breath, listening.

From not too far away, she heard loud, running footsteps. She immediately took off. Branches scraped her cheeks and flying pebbles hit her knees, but still, she persisted. Suddenly, the brunette came to a clearing.

"Bell-" She said before she actually saw who it was.

Finn and Clarke came to a halt, looking an equal amount of worried and confused.

"Rosalie?" Clarke asked.

"What the hell are you doing out here?" Finn demanded.

"Did you guys see the pod?" She asked them urgently. They both nodded their heads.