Chapter 4 - My Musical Doll

"Spix, Congratulations!" Stephanie welcomed Spica with a tight hug upon entering the classroom.

"What for?"

"Didn't you look at the bulletin board? You've just got the lead role," Stephanie gladly announced. She was feeling more excited than Spica should have been. It was her nature, nothing can be done about it.

"What?" Spica asked in disbelief.

"She said, you got the lead role!" Antares joined in.

"WOW!!!" Spica really was amazed but just then, she felt sad for her bestfriend. "Steph--"

"Duh?! Don't worry about me. I really gave way for you. I wanna be in a band," Stephanie said and winked before they sat in their respective seats.

Valentines Day was just two weeks away so the Drama Club President had to ask permission from the school director to excuse the actors and actresses from their classes for the rehearsal.

Verdandi, the club president called for a meeting before the rehearsal.

Everyone in the meeting room looked up at her not just for her beauty and brain, but also for her character.

"Good morning, newbies, welcome to my world," Verdandi started with a sweet smile. "I would like to congratulate all of you guys, especially Spica for winning the lead role."

Everybody looked at Spica whose face turned red as they clapped their hands and whispered their little praises. She deserved it.

"Thank you," Spica shyly said.

"Okay. Let's proceed with the story plot. We don't have much time but I decided to present the last story written by Eleyza."

The students who knew Eleyza fell silent as memories of her, like puzzle bits, came rushing into their memory. She was the best writer Verdandi ever met. Most of the stories presented by Drama Club on different occasions were written by her.

"It's her first death anniversary on 14th. And this story is the one she wrote for V-day last year but," Verdandi paused and took in a deep breath.

"Excuse me. Vice P., please brief them with the rules and regulations first," Verdandi then went out of the meeting room.

Eleyza was her bestfriend who died of cancer last year. She struggled not for her life but for the story she wanted to dedicated to Verdandi on their 18th bestfriend anniversary which falls on V.Day.

Verdandi was there through all Eleyza's life. She watched her bestfriend suffered unbearable pain which no matter how much she wanted to take away from Eleyza, she had no way of doing so.

Verdandi was there, in the very moment Eleyza let out her last breath. They were holding each others hands firmly. Verdandi didn't wanna let her go but she had to accept the fact. It was hard for her. Eleyza grown to be the best part of Verdandi's life.

A moment of sadness but then again, Verdandi had to go on. She washed her face with cold water and went back to the meeting room where the club's vice president was almost over the rules and regulations. She let him finish the discussion before proceeding with the story plot.

"Okay, this is the story of Charlotte, the doll and Fame, the band leader entitled MY MUSICAL DOLL," she paused for a while as one of her staff distributed the scripts to the actors and actresses.

Verdandi continued with the story, "Charlotte belongs to Fame's childhood sweetheart, Cindy who died when they were still young. She gave the doll to Fame as a lucky charm as he prepared his way into stardom. Fame made sure that he always had Cindy's doll with him.