Chapter 3

"But Dad, I still want to work as a cashier and a promo girl sometimes. I really love those costumes I wear while giving out flyers. They're so cute," Spica insisted while they were eating breakfast.

"They're cute because they're too little. They aren't even clothes," Antares arrogantly said.

"Then what do you call them?" Spica inclemently asked.

"Cloth?"

Spica rolled her eyes. She became irritated.

"You don't have to fight kids. Spica, you can work if you want. But remember, you don't really have to. If you got tired of working, stop and focus on your studies. Okay, honey?" restrained Procyon.

"Yey!" Spica raised both hands high and stuck her tongue out to Antares.

Antares dropped his spoon on the plate in disgust. "Fine! Just don't wear cloth! Like the one you wore last December while giving out free taste of wine. You look horrid in that stupid santa costume," Antares wiggled in abhorrence.

"Poor Ares, don't even know the term sexy," Spica said.

"Hey! Sexy? Didn't you know that I wanted to roll you in a blanket or put you in my pocket just to keep you away from those garish eyes? You just don't know how much I urged to punch those perverts to death and burn their stupid souls in the fires of hell." Antares balled his fists in anger.

Spica held Antares' hands and gently squeezed them. Antares let out a sigh. "Let's go. Gotta go Dad."

"Be careful in driving, son."

Antares nodded and without a word, he walked out of the house to his car. Spica followed him obediently.

Cavalier as he was, Antares opened the car door for Spica even he was a bit annoyed with the earlier conversation.

He did the same thing when they reached the school and Spica held onto his arm while poking his cheek.

"Ikenai koto o shimashita. Gomen." Spica apologized.

Translation: I've done something I shouldn't have. Forgive me.

"Anata ga yurusaremashita," Antares answered.

Translation: You are forgiven.

Spica smiled. She wasn't used to asking for forgiveness from anybody and for her apologizing is an embarasing thing so she couldn't say it in the language Antares could understand. But to her surprise, Antares, too, could speak and understand Nihongo, the Japanese language.

"Dou ninhongo wo mananda?" Spica asked Antares. (How did you learn Nihongo)

"Aniota," Antares proudly answered pointing his thumb into his chest, (Anime addict)

The other students were looking at them because they looked so cute together. Some girls envied Spica because Antares was popular to girls due to his looks and intelligence while the boys envied Antares. They still didn't know that the two were actually siblings.

When they reached their classroom, Stephanie ran to Spica and excitedly told her to prepare for their audition.

"What audition, Stephanie?" Spica asked pouting. She couldn't remember signing up for an audition.

"For CDT's (Club De Théâtre) annual V-Day play.

""Kisama wa mendokusai!" Spica said in a loud voice that made the other students look at them.

>>>"Kisama wa mendokusai!" means "You're irritating!" in a ruder form. ---Marco <<<

Everyone stared at Spica, shocked. Antares put his hands on Spica's shoulder when he saw that Stephanie was already teary-eyed. Then he winked at Stephanie. "PMS," he whispered to her before he gently pushed Spica into her seat. Spica sat down and took in a deep breath.

Their teacher came in called out the students who registered for the audition.

Spica had no other choice than to go with the other students in the campus theater. She couldn't believe she shouted at her bestfriend. That was the first time she did shout to anyone. She was always known for her patience and kindness, though she always cuss.

Stephanie was silently staring at Spica most of the time. So when the staff from the Drama Club called out her name, she didn't seem to heard it. She heard it though but it really didn't sank in her mind that the name Stephanie Albrecht was hers.

Spica tapped Stephanie's shoulder and smiled at her sweetly. "Goodluck, Steph," Spica whispered.

Stephanie smiled back at her and hugged her before she went to the stage.

The audition piece was part of the Fourth Book of Cassio written by Angelique Marco (that's me).

Stephanie did really great because since elementary level, she had always been in the lead role of school plays. The judges clapped their hands for her.

"You're so great Steph," Spica commented.

"Spica," the staff called her. She went to stage though she was so nervous. She didn't know how she got to the stage but she knew the script by heart. She had reas the book several times.

"God," Spica looked up, hands clasped in front of her chest. "I couldn't remember anything about me. I am really thankful that I'm still alive though," she continued. "But there's one thing I wish from you, I know its too much to ask but please," Spica bowed down her head as if ashamed. "Please give Cairo back to me. It was my mind that forgot but not my heart. I remember the love I have for him from a long time ago." Spica raised her head, eyes wet with tears.

The judges stood up in admiration at how fast she could cry. It wasn't even a scene. It was just a monologue and she cried with just few lines. The emotion was there.

Everybody else gave her a round of applause.

When the audition was over, they all went back to their classroom. "You did really great, Spica," Stephanie told her with a hug.

"Gomenasai, Stephanie," Spica apologized and gave her a hug, a tighter one.

"It was my fault, Spica."

"No. I mean. Thank you. It is my last year and thank you for giving me a chance to experience how audition feels like. Arigato gozaimasu"

Yeah, Spica was really glad. She had made up her mind. She'd do everything she hadn't done before so if she dies later, she wouldn't have any regret. She would enjoy every moment her remaining time on earth and Antares will live as a human, a full human, a mortal because Antares is the 19th generation of the Stardust. Yes, Spica was older than Antares.

And whatever Antares may do to stop Spica's sacrifice, it has been destined a long time ago-- that eighteen Stardusts should sacrifice for the next offsprings.

**************************************************************************************************

This is a short update. :( Gomen.

Picture of Spica on the right, the one Antares talked about.

It's raining and I ain't feeling well.

Signed with a hint of sadness,

Angelique.Marco